ASO AC / NRO NC
The NRO Number Council (NRO NC), is an elected body of 15 volunteers. As stated in the ICANN ASO MoU, the NRO NC serves as the ASO Address Council (ASO AC). The ASO AC / NRO NC’s responsibilities include:
- Undertaking a role in the Global Policy Development Process (GPDP) and ensuring that policy has been followed.
- Defining procedures for the selection of individuals to serve on other ICANN bodies, in particular on the ICANN Board.
- Selecting individuals to serve on ICANN’s Board in Seats 9 and 10.
- Providing advice to the ICANN Board on Internet number resource allocation policy in conjunction with the ASO/NRO.
ASO AC / NRO NC Members
Each RIR community selects two people to serve on the ASO AC / NRO NC. Each RIR’s Executive Board also appoints one person from its respective region to serve.
|ASO AC / NRO NC Member||Region||Term|
|Saul Stein||AFRINIC||Jan 2021||31 Dec 2023|
|Gaurav Kansal||APNIC||Jan 2023||31 Dec 2024|
|Nicole Chan* (Vice Chair)||APNIC||Jan 2023||31 Dec 2023|
|Di Ma||APNIC||Jan 2022||31 Dec 2023|
|Chris Quesada||ARIN||Jan 2022||31 Dec 2024|
|Nick Nugent||ARIN||Jan 2023||31 Dec 2025|
|Kevin Blumberg*||ARIN||Jan 2021||31 Dec 2023|
|Ricardo Patara (Vice Chair)||LACNIC||Jan 2022||31 Dec 2024|
|Esteban Lescano*||LACNIC||April 2021||31 Mar 2022|
|Jorge Villa||LACNIC||Jan 2021||31 Dec 2023|
|James Kennedy||RIPE NCC||Jan 2023||31 Dec 2025|
|Sander Steffann||RIPE NCC||Jan 2022||31 Dec 2024|
|Hervé Clément* (Chair)||RIPE NCC||Jan 2021||31 Dec 2023|
* Appointed by the Executive Board of relevant RIR
Previous ASO AC / NRO NC Members
A list of all previous ASO AC / NRO NC members can be found here.
Last modified on 11/01/2023