2 March 2017

Meeting of the NRO Executive Council – 170117

Minutes of the NRO EC Teleconference held on Tuesday 17 January 2017 11:00 AM UTC

Executive Council:

John Curran (JC) ARIN Chair
Oscar Robles (OR) LACNIC Secretary
Alan Barrett (AB) AFRINIC
Axel Pawlik (AP) RIPE NCC

Observers:

Nate Davis (ND) ARIN
Pablo Hinojosa (PH) APNIC
Kenny Huang (KH) APNIC
Paul Rendek (PR) RIPE NCC

Apologies:
Paul Wilson APNIC Treasurer

Secretariat:
German Valdez (GV) NRO

Agenda NRO EC face-to-face meeting 17 January 2017

0. Welcome
1. Agenda Review
2. Minutes Review
3 ASO Review
4. CG Input / Consultation (if any)
5. Review Open Actions
6. Next Meetings
a) Teleconference Scheduled on Tuesday 21 February 2017
b) Next NRO EC f2f Meeting – Thursday 16 March 2017(Copenhagen, DK)
7. AOB
8. Adjourn

0 Welcome

JC welcomed all participants and started the meeting at 11:05 AM UTC

1 Agenda Review

No changes were suggested to the agenda.

2 Minutes Review

JC and PH confirmed they were ok with last minutes.

JC asked GV to follow up individually on pending minutes review.

3 ASO Review

JC reminded that all NRO EC members should score the ASO review proposals. JC suggested using the NRO list to share the individual results.

OR agreed using the NRO list. OR reminded that the NRO agreed with the ICANN Organizational Effectiveness Committee (OEC) to hold a teleconference to discuss the ASO Review.

JC asked GV to coordinate a teleconference with ICANN OEC

New Action Item 20170117-01. GV to coordinate a teleconference to discuss the ASO Review between the NRO EC and the ICANN OEC

JV asked GV to prepare a template to scoring the ASO review proposals.

GV asked JC about the deadline to submit the ASO review evaluation scoring.

JC suggested that all scores should be submitted in the NRO list in one-week time, by 24 January 2017

AB pointed out that the announcement of the selected bidder should be made by the end of the month.

New Action Item 20170117-02. GV to prepare a scorecard for the evaluation of the ASO Review proposals.

New Action Item 20170117-03. All NRO EC members to submit scores of the ASO review proposals in the NRO list by Tuesday 24 January 2017

4 CG Input / Consultation

GV reported that the ECG is working for their f2f meeting in Mauritius, the RSCG are preparing their f2f meeting in APNIC 43 and the CCG is planning to hold their f2f meeting during ICANN 58.

5 Review Open Actions

GV to follow up open action through email.

6 Next Meetings

a) Teleconference Scheduled on Tuesday 21 February 2017

All agreed to keep the meeting as scheduled.

b) Next NRO EC f2f Meeting – Thursday 16 March 2017 (Copenhagen, DK)

All agreed to keep the meeting as scheduled.

7 AOB

PH asked for any update about the gTLD auction proceedings.

GV confirmed that Sylvia Cadena from APNIC and Carolina Caeiro from LACNIC were confirmed by the NRO EC in the last meeting.

AB reported that AFRINIC has extended and invitation to an AFRINIC community member to be part of the gTLD auction proceeding WG. AB suggested moving ahead with the two nominees in case AFRINIC is not able to confirm their representative by the end of the week.

New Action Item 20170117-04. GV to send a communication to ICANN gTLD auction proceedings WG confirming the nomination of Sylvia Cadena, Carolina Caeiro and a tentative AFRINIC representative by 20 January 2017.

GV reported that the ASO elected Filiz Yilmaz as new NRO NC chair. GV confirmed that ICANN has been communicated about the election results and all internal ASO and NRO email alias have been updated with Filiz email account.

8 Adjourn

AP moved to adjourn the meeting.

No objections received.

JC thanked all participants and adjourned the meeting at 11:35 PM UTC

Comments are closed.