19 August 2015

Meeting of the NRO Executive Council – 150615

Minutes of the NRO EC Teleconference meeting held on Monday June 15th 2015 at 11:00 AM UTC

Executive Council:
Axel Pawlik (AP) RIPE NCC Chair
Oscar Robles (OR) LACNIC Secretary
Paul Wilson (PW) APNIC
Alan Barrett (AB) AFRINIC

Observers:
Akinori Maemura (AM) APNIC
Paul Rendek (PR) RIPE NCC

Apologies:
John Curran ARIN

Secretariat:
German Valdez (GV) NRO

Draft Agenda
0.- Welcome
1.- Agenda Review
2.- SLA comment period concluded, next steps
3.- SLA implementation timeline
4.- Review Committee Charter
5.- CRISP Team Charter Review.
6.- ICANN meeting agenda
7.- AOB
8.- Adjourn

0) Welcome

AP welcomed the meeting participants and started the meeting at 11:10 AM UTC.

1) Agenda Review

AP asked GV for a review of the NRO calendar for the coming ICANN meeting as first point of the agenda.

2) ICANN Meeting Agenda

GV said he would recirculate the links of the shared calendar in the EC list.

GV reviewed NRO EC agenda in ICANN 53 in Buenos Aires and went through the following activities.

Thursday June 18th

– IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) working session 1

Friday June 19th
– IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) working session 2
– CCWG Accountability Working Session 1

Saturday June 20th
– PACG face-to-face meeting

Sunday June 21st
– CCG face-to-face meeting 9:00 – 13:00
– NRO EC – CRISP Team meeting 14:00 – 18:30

Monday June 22nd
– Welcome and President Opening Session 8:30 – 10:00
– CWG/CCWG joint engagement session 10:30 – 13:00
– SO/AC High Interest Topic Session 15:15 – 16:30
– CCWG accountability session 17:00 – 18:00
– Internet Governance Public Session 18:15 – 19:30

Tuesday June 23rd
– NRO EC f2f meeting 9:00 – 12:30

Wednesday June 24th
– CCWG Liaison – NRO EC Meeting 9:00 – 10:00 AM
– PACG /CCG / EC Meeting 10:00 – 10:30
– RIR CEO / ICANN Engagement team 12:00 – 13:00
– ASO / NRO session with ICANN Board 14:00 – 15:00
– CCWG Accountability Working Session 2 15:30 – 17:00
– Meeting with NTIA 17:30 – 18:30
– ASO/NRO Dinner 19:30 – 22:00

Thursday June 25th
– CWG Working Session 8:30 – 10:00
– ICG working session 3 9:00 – 13:00
– CCWG Accountability Working Session 3 10:30 – 12:00
– ICANN Public Forum 14:00 – 17:30

PW asked if the NRO has a slot for a report on Monday.

GV confirmed that the ASO/NRO has a 10 minutes slot

PW asked if AP would report on behalf of the NRO

AP confirmed he would report.

GV said that the ASO agreed the topics of their report in their last teleconference. GV added that during the last ASO teleconference Ray Plzak suggested that the RIR should make presentation to ICANN Board about the IANA transition Number Community proposal and IPv4 exhaustion status.

AP agreed in presenting both topics for the meeting with ICANN Board.

PW suggested starting with a short presentation on the status of IPv4 exhaustion.

GV said that the ASO public session is currently clashing with CCWG engagement session. GV reported that the ASO AC requested to ICANN staff to move the session to Wednesday morning.

PW asked if the meeting with NTIA is with NTIA and ICANN.

GV said that the meeting request came from NTIA. GV said he requested a list of NTIA participants for the meeting.

3) Review committee charter

PW suggested to have a public consultation on the Review Committee charter before the start of ICANN Meeting.

AP asked if there were any pending approvals from NRO EC Members

AB said he was still pending to comment on the document.

AP asked GV to check any outstanding replies.

4) SLA next steps

AP reminded that there is a commitment to have the next version of the SLA on June 21st, next Monday.

AP said that it was possible to do that, with help from other RIR legal team members and suggested to give internal priority to the task.

PW agreed on AP suggestion

5) SLA Timeline

AP said that AB drafted proposal to ICG was very reasonable.

AB suggested that the CRISP team should respond to ICG. AB requested input from NRO EC Members as the NRO needs to confirm the text, specially the proposed dates.

AP asked GV to request any pending NRO EC member input.

6) CRISP Team Charter Review

GV reminded that the CRISP team is expecting the charter review from the NRO EC and they would like to have some information before the face-to-face meeting in Buenos Aires

AP asked GV to send a reminder to the NRO EC on this matter.

7) Adjourn

AP thanked all participants and adjourned the meeting at 11:35 AM UTC.

Comments are closed.