Consistent with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) calls for nominations for Seat Number 9 on the ICANN Board of Directors.
Nominations will close at 23:59 UTC on Wednesday, 31 December 2014.
The time frame for the selection process is as follows:
– Nomination Phase – 24 October 2014 to 31 December 2014
– Comment Phase – 1 January 2015 to 31 March 2015
– Interview Phase – 1 February 2015 to 31 March 2015
– Selection Process – 1 April 2015 to 17 April 2015
– Due Diligence Review – 18 April 2015 to 31 May 2015
– Announcement – no later than 1 June 2015
The ICANN Bylaws state that no two directors selected by a Supporting Organization can come from the same Geographic Region. Because the ASO AC selection for Seat 10 is from the APNIC region, nominees for Seat 9 cannot also come from this region.
All candidates must sign a Letter of Certification declaring that they are of good character. The selected candidate will undergo an independent due diligence review by an ICANN contractor, and announcement of the candidate will follow once this review has been successfully completed.
Community members are invited to submit nominations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information:
– The full name of the person being nominated
– Contact email address for the person being nominated
– Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
– The full name of the person making the nomination
– Contact email address for the person making the nomination
– Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The election procedures are found in Section 7 of the ASO AC Operating Procedures, which are available at:
For further information and ongoing notices about the selection process, please visit:
Last modified on 27/10/2015