Consistent with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) calls for nominations for Seat Number 9 on the ICANN Board.
The nomination period will close at 23:59 UTC on 16 January 2012.
All candidates must sign a Letter of Certification detailing previous conduct and character. We will send this letter to each applicant along with instructions on what to do next. We are unable to consider candidates who fail to follow these instructions. Additionally, the elected candidate will be subject to an independent due diligence review conducted by an ICANN provided contractor (election procedures section 7.4.9). This review is similar to those performed with all ICANN Board selected candidates. Announcement of the winner will follow the successful review report.
The ASO AC election procedures are found in Section 7 of the ASO Operating Procedures and are available on the ASO website at: http://aso.icann.org/documents/operating-procedures-aso-ac/
Article VI of the ICANN Bylaws states that: “At any given time, no two Directors selected by a Supporting Organization shall be citizens from the same country or of countries located in the same Geographic Region.” The ASO AC selection for Seat 10 of the ICANN Board of Directors resides in the APNIC region, so nominees for Seat 9 cannot reside in the APNIC region.
If the ASO AC decides to conduct face-to-face interviews, candidates may need to travel (once) during March or April 2012. Reasonable candidate interview expenses related to hotel and airfares will be covered.
We expect all candidates to complete one or more questionnaires. Failure to do this by the advised deadlines may rule them out of the selection process.
Submit nominations by email to email@example.com including the following information:
- Full name of the person being nominated
- Contact email address for the person being nominated
- Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
- Full name of the person making the nomination
- Contact email address for the person making the nomination
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The full time frame for the selection process is as follows:
- Nomination Phase 1 November 2011 to 16 January 2012
- Comment Phase 17 January 2012 – 19 April 2012
- Interview Phase 20 February 2012 – 19 April 2012
- The deadline for return of written questionnaires is 20 February 2012.
- Telephonic and face-to-face interviews with selected candidates may take place.
- Selection Phase 23 April 2012 -14 May 2012
- Due Diligence Review 15 May 2012 – 15 June 2012
- Winner Announced 18 June 2012 (or earlier based on completion date of due diligence review)
All phases will conclude at 23:59 UTC on the date specified.
Last modified on 22/05/2018