17 March 2009

Meeting of the NRO Executive Council – 090317

Minutes

Teleconference 17 March 2009, 11H00 UTC

Executive Council Attendees:

  • Adiel Akplogan (AA, Chairman)
  • Raul Echeberria (RE, Treasurer)
  • John Curran (JC)
  • Axel Pawlik (AP, Secretary)
  • Paul Wilson (PW)

Observers:

  • Paul Rendek (PR)
  • Nate Davies (ND)
  • Richard Jimmerson (RJ)
  • German Valdez (GV)
  • Ricardo Patara (RP)

AGENDA

  1. Welcome and Agenda Bashing
  2. Approval of previous meeting minutes
  3. Review Action Items
  4. Next NRO retreat planning
  5. NRO participation to the NEXT IGF
  6. Decision to update the Continued Cooperation report
  7. List of “holes” in various registries distribution
  8. Permanent Distribution of NRO functions
  9. Adjounement

1. Welcome and Agenda Bashing

The chairman welcomed everybody and called the meeting to order at 1110.
No new agenda points were brought forward.

2. Approval of previous meeting minutes

AP moved to adopt last meeting’s minutes, JC seconded.
All agreed to adopt the minutes of the NRO EC meeting of 17 February 2009.

3. Review Action Items

[RE joined the meeting at 1115]
[RP joined the meeting at 1121]

Action 200903-01 Chairman to communicate with RS managers as per NRO EC
mailing list discussion.

4. Next NRO retreat planning

RP clarified that he cannot commit to week 23 as previously planned. The group tentatively agreed on Wednesday 10 June and Thursday 11 June, during week 24.

5. NRO participation to the NEXT IGF

PW raised the point following an invitation to organise a workshop together with Autonomica.

All agreed to keep the organizing group small, i.e. the NRO plus Autonomica.

RE reported from the recent GAC meeting, a couple of governments make favourable comments about the RIRs’ outreach activities; RE suggested to involve those governments in the workshop.

AA proposed to get statements from governments participating in the PDP. AA also proposed to work on a proposal for a workshop on the business aspects of the Internet.

Action 2009-0302: PW to contact the CCG to start preparatory work proposing two workshops for the IGF, one focusing on multistakeholder policy development, and “Business aspects of the Internet”.

6. Decision to update the Continued Cooperation report

All agreed to update the report.

Action 200903-03: AP to contact the CCG chair to commence rapid work to update the NRO Continued Cooperation report.

7. List of “holes” in various registries distribution

Action 2009-0304: All CEOs to inform RS managers that the EC considers this topic closed.
Action 2009-0305: JC to get latest distribution file from Ray Plzak and to post to NRO EC mailing list.

8. Permanent Distribution of NRO functions

All agreed to discuss this item in depth and with a view to possible implications for NRO incorporation, during the NRO EC retreat in Mauritius.

9. Adjournment

Prior to adjournment it was agreed to discuss the implications of the APNIC transfer policy on the mailing list.

Further the idea of establishing a joint NRO public affairs group was brought up but not discussed exhaustively.

The chairman adjourned the meeting at 2207.

Action Items

Action item 200901-04: The Chairman to coordinate with ICANN for a meeting concerning the NRO contribution to the ICANN budget, during the ICANN Mexico meeting.
Status: discussed with Bart, it was agreed to have a meeting, details to be announced.
DONE

Action item 200901-07: AP to enquire with Paul Rendek what ISOC’s expectations are regarding NRO participation in the ITU World event.
Status: Paul will send formal proposal to NRO EC. ISOC expects EUR 20k plus three staff at event plus some PR help with brochure.
DONE

Action item 200901-10: RE to retrieve the report from the RS Services
Managers Ad Hoc Group.
Status: open
DONE

Action item 200901-11: All to analyse the document on a proposed permanent distribution of NRO functions in preparation of the next NRO EC teleconference.
Status: open.
DONE

Action Item 200902-01: The secretariat to publish the minutes of the 22 January 2009 teleconference, and also of the draft minutes of the teleconference of 17 February 2009, as soon as they become available.
DONE

Action Item 200902-02: The Chairman to draft letter to ICANN confirming the RIR contribution for one more year.
DONE

Action Item 200902-03: The chairman to prepare organization of the NRO EC retreat for week 23.
Statius: ongoing

Action Item 200902-04: AP & AA to draft a presentation for the meeting with the GAC during the ICANN meetings in Mexico.
DONE

Action Item 200902-05: All to check board member availability to represent the RIRs at the ALAC meeting on the Saturday before the ICANN meetings and to report back to the mailing list asap.
DONE

Action Item 200902-06: JC to edit and re-circulate PW’s draft statement on RPKI trust anchors.
DONE

Action Item 200902-07: All to instruct all RIR staff working on RPKI to engage Mark Kosters to explore trust anchors issues.
DONE

Action Item 200903-01: Chairman to communicate with RS managers as per NRO EC mailing list discussion.

Action Item 2009-0302: PW to contact the CCG to start preparatory work proposing two workshops for the IGF, one as proposed by Autonomica, and “Business aspects of the Internet”.

Action Item 200903-03: AP to contact the CCG chair to commence rapid work to update the NRO Continued Cooperation report.

Comments are closed.