8 February 2005

Meeting of the NRO Executive Council – 050208

Participants

Axel Pawlik (AP)
Paul Wilson
Ray Plzak (RP)
Adiel Akplogan (AA)
Raul Echeberria (RE)

Observer

German Valdez (GV)

At 14:00 UTC Chair convenes the meeting

AGENDA

0 – Agenda bashing
1 – EC procedures. (revisit the issue to consider the amendment suggested by Axel)
2 – Open actions list
3 – NRO Comments on WGIG paper on Names and Numbers.
4 – ICANN Strategic Plan
5 – Communications NRO – ICANN
6 – NRO Incorporation. (Uruguay acceptable to all boards?)
7 – AFRINIC celebration Argentina
8 – Swamp space for PI assignments running out (Axel)
9 – ARIN work in public/private partnership area with US law enforcement (Ray)
10 – Papers
11 – Next meeting (date and time)
12 – AOB

New Actions


0 – Agenda bashing

1 – EC procedures. (revisit the issue to consider the amendment suggested by Axel)

2 – Open actions list

NRO-EC 05-03 050202:
To follow up with legal team regarding the NRO AFRINIC joinder MoU

RE Minor changes from LACNIC lawyer

AA Also from AFRINIC attorney propose some changes.

RP Propose a chair in the legal team.

RE Better said to coordinator.

RP Propose that the coordinator of legal team be the lawyer from secretariat

NRO-EC 05-07 050208:
All. to communicate with legal team regarding the creation of the rol of coodinator of the legal team. This rol will rotate according to the secretariat

NRO-EC 04-79, 041203:
RP to coordinate list of languages for translations of NRO documents.

RP. We need to discussed one more time

RE. Do not discuss this issue. Do what other international organization like UN does. (6 languages)

PW. Suggest an alternative focus in regional needs.

RP. Something to apply in the NRO website. We have difference in each RIR page.

PW. The UN scheme proposal is dominated by european languages

RP. Include 6 languajes and add the languajes important for each RIR

PW. Be careful about major cost in so many translations.To observe the benefits of this and the cost involved

RE. propose that the CG make a proposal regarding which documentation should be translated.

NRO-EC 05-08 050208:
Sec to coordinate with CCG on languages for NRO website.

RE. Thanks to GV for having all the actions together.

3 – NRO Comments on WGIG paper on Names and Numbers.

RE – Deadline for receiving comments regarding WGIG papers is February 11th. Only those comments received before the deadline will be publish. After this no people will be reviewing which comments can be published and which not.

NRO-EC 05-09 050208:
All. Send comments to AP in 48 hours about NRO comments to WGIG papers on Names and Numbers

4 – ICANN Strategic Plan

PW. What is the deadline for making comments ?

RP. End of the month in Feb 28th. However we are closing before in order to assemble and prepare information.

PW. APNIC have not received any comments

RE. LACNIC neither have received any comments.

RE. The Address Council has set up a group in order to prepare comments. It is important they make comments as part of one of the ICANN supporting organization.

RP. It is better to send comments as individuals.

RE. Sebastian Bellagamba member of the Address Council will send some comments. I think some comments will be more legitimate from other bodies rather from the EC. This comments will seem more legimite.

PW To give priority to WGIG. There is a little more time for ICANN strategic plan.

RP. Comments should be sent before Feb 15th

RE. Information should be sent to our boards. What day to send information to boards. How much time to deal.

PW. Information be sent by February 21st

AP. Three days is ok for having this in the boards.

NRO-EC 05-10 050208:
All. To send their comments about ICANN Strategic Plan to RP by 14 Feb.

NRO-EC 05-11 050208:
RP. To assemble comments from regions regarding ICANN Strateic Plan

NRO-EC 05-12 050208:
AP. To forward document to rir-boards on 21 Feb.

NRO-EC 05-13 050208:
AP. To forward end-result after rir board review, to ICANN 25 Feb.

5 – Communications NRO – ICANN

RP. It is important to define aspects to be communicated in regular way between ICANN and NRO. Currently there is lack of communication. It is clear that Barbara Roseman is the point of contact between ASO and ICANN but it is no clear the communication between ICANN and NRO.

RE. Agree with RP. We should have one more friendly meeting with ICANN. To clarify how should be the communication and also to be clear what actitudes are not part of the relationship.

AP. To make a meeting with ICANN staff during Mar del Plata.

RP. CEO and ICANN chair must be at least presence.

NRO-EC 05-14 050208:
AP. To draft an agenda point for a meeting between ICANN staff and NRO during Mar del Plata

NRO-EC 05-15 050208:
AP. To request friendly meeting with ICANN Chair and CEO during Mar del PLata

6 – NRO Incorporation.

RP. ARIN Board is agreed to be incorporated in Montevideo

RE. Next thursday I will have a meeting with LACNIC board I assume will be agreed.

PW. Agree in principle. Need to review the document

AA – Also need to review the document of incorporation

RP send back to the list for further revision.

RE should we wait the comments APNIC and AFRINIC.

AP propose wait for LACNIC board meeting. And be ok in Uruguay. If all ok. Send documentation to legal team for reviewing.

NRO-EC 05-16 050208
RP. Will resend last version of incorporation document to EC list

7 – AFRINIC celebration Argentina

RE. I volunteer to arrange some sort of celebration in Argentine. which day ?.

RP. The nigh before the board meeting. After the public forum. Be sure no other icann social conflict.

AP. Would good to prepare NRO give-aways for ICANN meeting.

RP. Would be also important to prepare documents to be signed for AFRINIC approval, just like ARIN and LACNIC did.

NRO-EC 05-17 050208:
RE. To research possibilities for NRO/AFRINIC social event during ICANN meeting in Mar del Plata

NRO-EC 05-18 050208:
Sec. To ask CCG to design NRO give-aways for ICANN meeting

NRO-EC 05-19 050208:
AP, AA. to arrange documents to formally sign at AFRINIC recognition

8 – Swamp space for PI assignments running out (Axel)

AP. In consideration of late time in Asia Pacific propose to postpone this point to the end of the agenda.
*Finally postpone for next meeting.

9 – ARIN work in public/private partnership area with US law enforcement (Ray)

RP US law enforcement institutions is participating in different Internet forum. In case they contact them ragarding IP issues to resend the communication to RP. Reminds their scope is inside US. ARIN is doing important lobby actions with different institutions inside US informing the work and nature of RIR

10 – Papers

AP discussed in last meeting.

11 – Next meeting (date and time)

All agree Tuesday, March 8th 2005. 1200 UTC

12 – AOB

RE Would to have a discussion in the next face to face meeting regarding the rate of allocation of IPv6 blocks.


List of New Actions

NRO-EC 05-07 050208:
All. to communicate with legal team regarding the creation of the rol of coodinator of the legal team. This rol will rotate according to the secretariat

NRO-EC 05-08 050208:
Sec to coordinate with CCG on languages for NRO website.

NRO-EC 05-09 050208:
All. Send comments to AP in 48 hours about NRO comments to WGIG papers on Names and Numbers

NRO-EC 05-10 050208:
All. To send their comments about ICANN Strategic Plan to RP by CoB 14 Feb.

NRO-EC 05-11 050208:
RP. To assemble comments from regions regarding ICANN Strateic Plan

NRO-EC 05-12 050208:
AP. To forward document to rir-boards on 21 Feb.

NRO-EC 05-13 050208:
AP. To forward end-result after rir board review, to ICANN 25 Feb.

NRO-EC 05-14 050208:
AP. To draft an agenda point for a meeting between ICANN staff and NRO during Mar del Plata

NRO-EC 05-15 050208:
AP. To request friendly meeting with ICANN Chair and CEO during Mar del PLata

NRO-EC 05-16 050208
RP. Will resend last version of incorporation document to EC list

NRO-EC 05-17 050208:
RE. To research possibilities for NRO/AFRINIC social event during ICANN meeting in Mar del Plata

NRO-EC 05-18 050208:
Sec. To ask CCG to design NRO give-aways for ICANN meeting

NRO-EC 05-19 050208:
AP, AA. to arrange documents to formally sign at AFRINIC meeting.

Comments are closed.