2 September 2004

Meeting of the NRO Executive Council – 040902

040902, Fiji

Participants: Raúl Echeberría (RE), Axel Pawlik (AP), Ray Plzak (RP), Paul Wilson (PW)
Observer: Adiel Akplogan (AA)

AGENDA

1 Resolution regarding signing of ASO MoU
2 Content of letter to Paul Twomey
3 ARIN / Reston agenda
4 Evaluation of meetings of this week
5 AOB

[ Old Action Points ] [ New Action Points ] [ Actions Changed Since 6 August 2004 ]

1 Resolution regarding signing of ASO MoU

Noting that the boards of all RIRs have authorised the signing of the ASO MoU, RP moves that EC directs PW to sign the ASO MoU on behalf of the NRO.
AP seconds. 4:0:0.

2 Content of letter to Paul Twomey

The letter should contain the following:

  1. The NRO is ready to sign the ASO MoU as presented to the ICANN.
  2. The Chair is authorized to sign the MoU. It is assumed that the ICANN signatory will be the CEO.
  3. The MoU entered into between the NRO and the ICANN is binding on the RIRS.
  4. Propose the 041021, 0900, and Reston VA for the signature activity to occur.
  5. Request response and feedback concerning the message.

NRO-EC 04-56, 040902:
RP to draft letter to PT.

NRO-EC 04-57, 040902:
RP to draft answer to Vint Cerf regarding attachment of NRO MoU to ASO MoU.

3 ARIN / Reston agenda

RP gives plans for EC activities on Tuesday of ARIN Meeting.

4 Evaluation of meetings of this week

Deferred until notes of meeting with DB are available.

5 AOB

None

RE moves to adjourn, AP seconds. Meeting adjourned 1940.

Action Points Status

Old Action Points:

NRO-EC 04-46, 040616:
RP to draft request to delegate in-addr.arpa to the NRO.
OPEN, need to look at ipv6.arpa and v6.int, too

NRO-EC 04-49, 040616:
RP to suggest to Leslie Daigle to add Geoff Huston to rir-ietf list.
OPEN due to discussion.

NRO-EC 04-33, 040505:
RP (was JC): Draft and circulate NRO Coordination Group work principles.
OPEN

NRO-EC 04-36, 040505:
AP: circulate access password for EC, ECG, CCG archives.
OPEN

NRO-EC 04-43, 040729:
PW to follow-up with ECG chair (see NRO-EC 04-34)
OPEN

NRO-EC 04-54, 040729:
Secretariat to remind EC of outstanding actions two weeks before EC meetings.
ONGOING

New Action Points:

NRO-EC 04-55, 040831:
Chair to make supportive statement on the occasion of the AFRINIC delivery of their application for recognition to ICANN, on 040901.

NRO-EC 04-56, 040902:
RP to draft letter to PT.

NRO-EC 04-57, 040902:
RP to draft answer to Vint Cerf regarding attachment of NRO MoU to ASO MoU.

Actions Changed Since 6 August 2004:

NRO-EC 04-42, 040616:
RP: To draft invitation to Doug Barton, for a meeting with NRO EC.
Has been invited and has accepted. Finalising date.
DONE

NRO-EC 04-47, 040616:
AP to check status of Joint Whois workplan with chair of ECG.
Latest status see Sanjaya’s mail to eng-coord, 040804
Ongoing discussion on NRO EC.
DONE

NRO-EC 04-38, 040505:
Chair: To communicate IPv4 global policy to AC for forwarding to the ICANN board.
DONE

NRO-EC 04-44, 040729:
RP to draft a GAC Liaison invitation.
DONE

NRO-EC 04-45, 040729:
RE to calculate individual RIR contributions towards WGIG.
DONE

NRO-EC 04-46, 040729:
PW to communicate decision to contribute to WGIG to Marcus Kummer.
DONE

NRO-EC 04-47, 040729:
RE to draft letter to Twomey enquiring about next steps regarding ASO MoU.
DONE

NRO-EC 04-49, 040729:
RP to instruct ARIN counsel to contact AFRINIC counsel.
DONE

NRO-EC 04-50, 040729:
AP to draft mail to Vint Cerf about AFRINIC.net IANA blockade.
OVERTAKEN

NRO-EC 04-51, 040729:
AA to re-send spending report.
DONE

NRO-EC 04-52, 040729:
All, to agree on text for global IPv6 policy proposal.
OVERTAKEN

NRO-EC 04-53, 040729:
All, to agree on agenda for Barton/Twomey meeting.
DONE

Comments are closed.