The ITU Telecom World will take place in Hong Kong, China, from 4-8 December 2006. The NRO will participate in the Internet Pavilion, part of the Exhibition Hall related to the meeting. The Internet Pavilion, co-sponsored by the NRO, ICANN, and ISOC, will be located in Stand 8053 in Hall 8 of the AsiaWorld-Expo in Hong Kong.
Through the Internet Pavilion, we will work with Telecom World participants to promote a greater understanding of the existing open and transparent bottom-up development processes of the Internet technical community.
The NRO display in the Internet Pavilion will include:
- Multimedia presentations on Regional Internet Registry (RIR) history, the NRO, and IP addressing and routing
- An NRO fact sheet available in six official United Nations languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish)
- Brochures and fact sheets on technical and RIR-specific issues
- Newsletters, articles, and other documentation
About the Internet Pavilion
The Internet Pavilion is an initiative of a number of the key organisations that are, among many other industry partners, responsible for both day-to-day management and policy development in the Internet sphere. Organisations at the Internet Pavilion will include:
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
- Internet Society (ISOC)
- Number Resource Organization (NRO)
At the Internet Pavilion, co-exhibitors, invited guests, and visitors will work together to reinforce the very important role that the Internet has in promoting important areas such as education, economic development, and knowledge transfer.
The Internet Pavilion aims to facilitate an understanding of why a collaborative and cooperative governance model is essential both to the success of the Internet and the development of the Information Society.
NRO Fact Sheet
- NRO Fact Sheet Chinese
- NRO Fact Sheet English
- NRO Fact Sheet French
- NRO Fact Sheet Russian
- NRO Fact Sheet Spanish