[IANA-RC] IANA RC presentation at ARIN 41

Louie Lee louie at louie.net
Tue Apr 17 16:50:10 CEST 2018

RC,

I just presented the RC presentation at ARIN 41 this morning. Slides:

https://www.arin.net/vault/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_41/PDF/PPM/lee_iana_rc.pdf

2 questions were raised by the community:

   1. Do we feel that this is the right level of effort put in by the RC?
   2. What is the $600k+ that the RIRs are contributing actually funding?

For number 1, in short, the answer was "yes". The amount of effort should
reduce over time as we work with established processes and templates.

For number 2, the question is being punted to Kim Davies for when she
presents the IANA report.

I'd be happy to share the source Slides file in Google Docs for anyone
wishing to make use of it for their own RC updates at RIR meetings.

Louie