[IANA-RC] Minutes IANA RC May Teleconference

Jason Schiller jason-phone at schiller.net
Tue Sep 19 17:27:31 CEST 2017


Nurain,

Thank you for the clarification.

Standing by to meet and jump into action
once the RC has a draft matrix and
performance standard metrics.

Glad to know the lack of a recent RC
meeting is not the long pole in the tent.

__Jason



On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Nurani Nimpuno <nurani at nimblebits.net>
wrote:

> Thank you for this Jason. No we do not have a draft matrix. However I know
> that the RIRs have thought a little bit about this even though they haven't
> sent us a matrix as such.
>
> This is why I will follow up with them about this first step. After that,
> I agree that we should review it (and approve it).
>
> Nurani
>
>
> On 14 Sep 2017, at 16:34, Jason Schiller <jschiller at google.com> wrote:
>
> Nurani,
>
> I got the impression from your email that the
> performance matrix is complete,
> and we have a performance standard metrics.
>
> Assuming that is the case can we circulate that info to the RC
> (Or re-circulate it if it was already sent and i missed it) so that
> we can review it, and meet to discuss it.
>
> I think next steps would be:
> 1. approve the matrix and
> 2. approve the performance standard metrics
> 3. Look at available IANA data reported
>    3.a. ensure there are no gaps of metrics that are not being measured
>    3.b. ensure we understand and are comfortable with how the metric is
> being measured
> 4. start assembling a preliminary report
>
> ___Jason
>
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Nurani Nimpuno <nurani at nimblebits.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi German and all,
>>
>> These late minutes show that we are not following the timeline we set out
>> for ourselves in May.
>>
>> However, it is also not clear from the minutes what the agreed timeline
>> actually were.
>>
>> > NN asked ND when the IANA RC could expect a draft structure of the RIR
>> report.
>>
>> I am fairly certain that ND gave us an indicated time for this, but the
>> minutes do not seem have recorded ND’s response. This makes it a little
>> difficult to set the rest of our workplan, as we agreed that the RC’s work
>> would follow the receipt from the RIRs on a draft structure of the RIR
>> report.
>>
>> I know that the RIR have done work on this, so I will follow up with the
>> RIR RC members on this draft, as well as an adjusted timeline to propose to
>> the group.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Nurani
>>
>>
>> > On 4 Sep 2017, at 15:20, German Valdez <german at apnic.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > HI
>> >
>> > I realized my email with the minutes of May Teleconference got caught
>> many weeks ago in the mailing list filter as it was sent from an account
>> not subscribed in the list. This is fixed now. Apologies for this mistake
>> >
>> > German
>> > ==
>> >
>> >
>> > IANA Review Committee Teleconference
>> > 11 May 2017, 12:00 PM UTC
>> >
>> > Participants
>> >
>> > IANA Review Committee Members
>> >
>> > AFRINIC
>> > Omo Oaiya OO
>> > Douglas Onyango DO
>> >
>> > APNIC
>> > Brajesh Jain BJ
>> > Tomohiro Fujisaki TF
>> > George Kuo GK
>> >
>> > ARIN
>> > Louie Lee  LL
>> > Jason Schiller -JS - Co Chair
>> > Nate Davis ND
>> >
>> > LACNIC
>> > Nicolas Antoniello NA
>> > Ernesto Majo EM
>> >
>> > RIPE
>> > Filiz Yilmaz  FY
>> > Nurani Nimpuno  NN - Chair
>> > Andrew de la Haye  AH
>> >
>> > Apologies
>> > Madhvi Gokool
>> >
>> > Observers
>> > Izumi Okutani IO
>> > Jorge Villa JV
>> >
>> > Secretariat
>> > German Valdez - GV
>> >
>> > IANA RC
>> >
>> > 0 Welcome
>> > 1 Roll Call
>> > 2 Minutes Review 15 March 2017
>> > 3 Review Open Actions
>> > 4 IANA Review Committee Operating Procedures
>> > 5 IANA Performance Report Structure & Schedule
>> > 6 Next Meeting
>> > 7 AOB
>> > 8 Adjourn
>> >
>> > 0 Welcome
>> >
>> > NN welcomed the participants and started the meeting at 12:03 PM
>> >
>> > 1 Roll Call
>> >
>> > Record of participation is at the top of this minutes.
>> >
>> > GV noted that Madhvi Gokool sent her apologies in advance of the call.
>> >
>> > 2 Minutes Review 15 March 2017
>> >
>> > NN asked for any comments for the March minutes.
>> >
>> > No comments received.
>> >
>> > NN asked if there were any objections for the publication of the
>> minutes.
>> >
>> > No objections received.
>> >
>> > NN called the minutes approved.
>> >
>> > 3 Review Open Actions
>> >
>> > Action Item 20170315-01 JS and NN to discuss the production date of the
>> report with the NRO EC for their decision and then share this with the RC
>> >
>> > COMPLETED
>> >
>> > JS reported that they agreed with the NRO EC in a yearly report format
>> from January through December. JS said that the NRO EC would like to see
>> the report by mid year. JS added that the first report would include the
>> period started with the signing of the IANA contract.
>> >
>> > At this point BJ asked if there were observers on the cal.
>> >
>> > NN said that the IANA RC teleconferences are open for observers.
>> >
>> > GV reported that Izumi Okutani, Jorge Villa and Ernest Majo were
>> observers for this teleconference
>> >
>> > Action Item 20170315-02 JS and NN to amend the length of the Chair and
>> Co-Chair’s term noting that if there is a change before the end of the
>> term, the new Chair or Co-Chair will serve for the balance of that term -
>> 2.1.5 and 2.1.6
>> >
>> > COMPLETED
>> >
>> > Action Item 20170315-03 Committee to review the proceedings and provide
>> comments in two weeks.
>> >
>> > CLOSED
>> >
>> > Action Item 20170315-04 ND and RC RIR staff members to track status of
>> the production of the performance standard metrics and provide regular
>> updates.
>> >
>> > IN PROGRESS
>> >
>> > ND reported that the IANA PTI and NRO EC agreed in a report format
>> considering the operational requirements included in the section 4.3 of the
>> contract. ND added that there are other reporting requirements that still
>> needs to be developed like the cases of splitting /8 for transfer reasons.
>> >
>> > BJ asked ND if they have a performance standard metrics draft plan to
>> be shared with the IANA RC
>> >
>> > ND said that the RIR staff were working on the plan and it’d be
>> available for the IANA RC once there is an agreement from each RIR
>> perspective.
>> >
>> > Action Item 20170315-05 FY to look how community engagement can be
>> included in the operating procedures with a light touch (that it will come
>> naturally as being members of the RC)
>> >
>> > COMPLETED
>> >
>> > FY reported that this was included in the last version of the IANA RC
>> operating procedures.
>> >
>> > 4 IANA Review Committee Operating Procedures
>> >
>> > NN asked if there were any comments or concerns in the last changes in
>> the text of the operating procedures.
>> >
>> > BJ suggested that at section 7 “Amending Operating Procedures”, any
>> intention of amend should be included as part of the agenda meeting in
>> advance.
>> >
>> > NN said that at this point she want to reach consensus on the operating
>> procedures. NN confirmed to BJ that she was taking on board his suggestion.
>> >
>> > NN asked if last proposed changes in the text of the section 5.2
>> “Community Feedback” were acceptable.
>> >
>> > FY said she was ok with the text.
>> >
>> > NN suggested to adopt the procedures as there were no comments or
>> objection.
>> >
>> > BJ asked about his suggestion to be included as part of the operating
>> procedures.
>> >
>> > JS suggested the next text to be added to section 7…”When amended in a
>> meeting, there must be 24 hours prior notice of the intent to amend the
>> operating procedures.”
>> >
>> > NN reminded that most of the committee work should be done in the
>> mailing list. NN advised to be careful to have procedures that would add
>> more meetings to the committee.
>> >
>> > FY asked JS if amendment to the procedures can be made in the list.
>> >
>> > JS considered that amendments could be made in the IANA RC list.
>> >
>> > NN moved to adopt the procedures including the new text to section 7
>> based on BJ request.
>> >
>> > NN asked that any further comments can be sent to the list.
>> >
>> > 5 IANA Performance Report Structure & Schedule
>> >
>> > NN asked ND when the IANA RC could expect a draft structure of the RIR
>> report.
>> >
>> > after consulting EM, AH and GK; ND suggested 60 days for the RIR to
>> present a draft report to the IANA RC
>> >
>> > NN suggested once the draft report is presented the IANA RC takes 2
>> weeks to review it and then meet to confirm the template to be used for the
>> community consultation.
>> >
>> > 6 Next Meeting
>> >
>> > Based on the delivery of the RIR report, NN suggested that next meeting
>> should be to discuss the RIR report and their own IANA RC format report. NN
>> suggested that next meeting could be in August.
>> >
>> > 7 AOB
>> >
>> > No other business was discussed
>> >
>> > 8 Adjourn
>> >
>> > NN adjourned the meeting at 13:05 PM UTC
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Rc mailing list
>> > Rc at nro.net
>> > https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/rc
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Rc mailing list
>> Rc at nro.net
>> https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/rc
>>
>
>
>
> --
> _______________________________________________________
> Jason Schiller|NetOps|jschiller at google.com|571-266-0006 <(571)%20266-0006>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Rc mailing list
> Rc at nro.net
> https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/rc
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://www.nro.net/pipermail/rc/attachments/20170919/95479a49/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Rc mailing list