[IANA-RC] Fwd: Minutes IANA RC May Teleconference

Ernesto Majo ernesto at lacnic.net
Fri Nov 17 16:55:19 CET 2017


Thanks Nurani.

No objections from my side to publish the minutes.

Ernesto


El 17/11/17 a las 10:54, Nurani Nimpuno escribió:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> Thanks all for your contribution on the call today.
>
> At the start of today’s call, I said that these minutes had been 
> published on the NRO website, but as Susannah pointed out, they have 
> in fact not been approved and published.
>
> Does anyone object to having these minutes approved and published? (Or 
> are there any corrections needed before publishing?)
>
> If not, I will ask the secretariat to publish these minutes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nurani
>
>
>
>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> *From: *German Valdez <german at apnic.net <mailto:german at apnic.net>>
>> *Subject: **[IANA-RC] Minutes IANA RC May Teleconference*
>> *Date: *4 September 2017 at 15:20:58 GMT+2
>> *To: *"rc at nro.net <mailto:rc at nro.net>" <rc at nro.net <mailto:rc at nro.net>>
>>
>> HI
>>
>> I realized my email with the minutes of May Teleconference got caught 
>> many weeks ago in the mailing list filter as it was sent from an 
>> account not subscribed in the list. This is fixed now. Apologies for 
>> this mistake
>>
>> German
>> ==
>>
>>
>> IANA Review Committee Teleconference
>> 11 May 2017, 12:00 PM UTC
>>
>> Participants
>>
>> IANA Review Committee Members
>>
>> AFRINIC
>> Omo Oaiya OO
>> Douglas Onyango DO
>>
>> APNIC
>> Brajesh Jain BJ
>> Tomohiro Fujisaki TF
>> George Kuo GK
>>
>> ARIN
>> Louie Lee  LL
>> Jason Schiller -JS - Co Chair
>> Nate Davis ND
>>
>> LACNIC
>> Nicolas Antoniello NA
>> Ernesto Majo EM
>>
>> RIPE
>> Filiz Yilmaz  FY
>> Nurani Nimpuno  NN - Chair
>> Andrew de la Haye  AH
>>
>> Apologies
>> Madhvi Gokool
>>
>> Observers
>> Izumi Okutani IO
>> Jorge Villa JV
>>
>> Secretariat
>> German Valdez - GV
>>
>> IANA RC
>>
>> 0 Welcome
>> 1 Roll Call
>> 2 Minutes Review 15 March 2017
>> 3 Review Open Actions
>> 4 IANA Review Committee Operating Procedures
>> 5 IANA Performance Report Structure & Schedule
>> 6 Next Meeting
>> 7 AOB
>> 8 Adjourn
>>
>> 0 Welcome
>>
>> NN welcomed the participants and started the meeting at 12:03 PM
>>
>> 1 Roll Call
>>
>> Record of participation is at the top of this minutes.
>>
>> GV noted that Madhvi Gokool sent her apologies in advance of the call.
>>
>> 2 Minutes Review 15 March 2017
>>
>> NN asked for any comments for the March minutes.
>>
>> No comments received.
>>
>> NN asked if there were any objections for the publication of the 
>> minutes.
>>
>> No objections received.
>>
>> NN called the minutes approved.
>>
>> 3 Review Open Actions
>>
>> Action Item 20170315-01 JS and NN to discuss the production date of 
>> the report with the NRO EC for their decision and then share this 
>> with the RC
>>
>> COMPLETED
>>
>> JS reported that they agreed with the NRO EC in a yearly report 
>> format from January through December. JS said that the NRO EC would 
>> like to see the report by mid year. JS added that the first report 
>> would include the period started with the signing of the IANA contract.
>>
>> At this point BJ asked if there were observers on the cal.
>>
>> NN said that the IANA RC teleconferences are open for observers.
>>
>> GV reported that Izumi Okutani, Jorge Villa and Ernest Majo were 
>> observers for this teleconference
>>
>> Action Item 20170315-02 JS and NN to amend the length of the Chair 
>> and Co-Chair’s term noting that if there is a change before the end 
>> of the term, the new Chair or Co-Chair will serve for the balance of 
>> that term - 2.1.5 and 2.1.6
>>
>> COMPLETED
>>
>> Action Item 20170315-03 Committee to review the proceedings and 
>> provide comments in two weeks.
>>
>> CLOSED
>>
>> Action Item 20170315-04 ND and RC RIR staff members to track status 
>> of the production of the performance standard metrics and provide 
>> regular updates.
>>
>> IN PROGRESS
>>
>> ND reported that the IANA PTI and NRO EC agreed in a report format 
>> considering the operational requirements included in the section 4.3 
>> of the contract. ND added that there are other reporting requirements 
>> that still needs to be developed like the cases of splitting /8 for 
>> transfer reasons.
>>
>> BJ asked ND if they have a performance standard metrics draft plan to 
>> be shared with the IANA RC
>>
>> ND said that the RIR staff were working on the plan and it’d be 
>> available for the IANA RC once there is an agreement from each RIR 
>> perspective.
>>
>> Action Item 20170315-05 FY to look how community engagement can be 
>> included in the operating procedures with a light touch (that it will 
>> come naturally as being members of the RC)
>>
>> COMPLETED
>>
>> FY reported that this was included in the last version of the IANA RC 
>> operating procedures.
>>
>> 4 IANA Review Committee Operating Procedures
>>
>> NN asked if there were any comments or concerns in the last changes 
>> in the text of the operating procedures.
>>
>> BJ suggested that at section 7 “Amending Operating Procedures”, any 
>> intention of amend should be included as part of the agenda meeting 
>> in advance.
>>
>> NN said that at this point she want to reach consensus on the 
>> operating procedures. NN confirmed to BJ that she was taking on board 
>> his suggestion.
>>
>> NN asked if last proposed changes in the text of the section 5.2 
>> “Community Feedback” were acceptable.
>>
>> FY said she was ok with the text.
>>
>> NN suggested to adopt the procedures as there were no comments or 
>> objection.
>>
>> BJ asked about his suggestion to be included as part of the operating 
>> procedures.
>>
>> JS suggested the next text to be added to section 7…”When amended in 
>> a meeting, there must be 24 hours prior notice of the intent to amend 
>> the operating procedures.”
>>
>> NN reminded that most of the committee work should be done in the 
>> mailing list. NN advised to be careful to have procedures that would 
>> add more meetings to the committee.
>>
>> FY asked JS if amendment to the procedures can be made in the list.
>>
>> JS considered that amendments could be made in the IANA RC list.
>>
>> NN moved to adopt the procedures including the new text to section 7 
>> based on BJ request.
>>
>> NN asked that any further comments can be sent to the list.
>>
>> 5 IANA Performance Report Structure & Schedule
>>
>> NN asked ND when the IANA RC could expect a draft structure of the 
>> RIR report.
>>
>> after consulting EM, AH and GK; ND suggested 60 days for the RIR to 
>> present a draft report to the IANA RC
>>
>> NN suggested once the draft report is presented the IANA RC takes 2 
>> weeks to review it and then meet to confirm the template to be used 
>> for the community consultation.
>>
>> 6 Next Meeting
>>
>> Based on the delivery of the RIR report, NN suggested that next 
>> meeting should be to discuss the RIR report and their own IANA RC 
>> format report. NN suggested that next meeting could be in August.
>>
>> 7 AOB
>>
>> No other business was discussed
>>
>> 8 Adjourn
>>
>> NN adjourned the meeting at 13:05 PM UTC
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Rc mailing list
>> Rc at nro.net <mailto:Rc at nro.net>
>> https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/rc
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Rc mailing list
> Rc at nro.net
> https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/rc

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://www.nro.net/pipermail/rc/attachments/20171117/ded5d469/attachment.html>


More information about the Rc mailing list