[IANA-RC] Fwd: Minutes IANA RC May Teleconference

Nicolas Antoniello nantoniello at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:11:28 CET 2017


Same from me. Ok to publish !

Regards,
Nicolas


El El vie, 17 de nov. de 2017 a las 10:54, Nurani Nimpuno <
nurani at nimblebits.net> escribió:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Thanks all for your contribution on the call today.
>
> At the start of today’s call, I said that these minutes had been published
> on the NRO website, but as Susannah pointed out, they have in fact not been
> approved and published.
>
> Does anyone object to having these minutes approved and published? (Or are
> there any corrections needed before publishing?)
>
> If not, I will ask the secretariat to publish these minutes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nurani
>
>
>
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *German Valdez <german at apnic.net>
> *Subject: **[IANA-RC] Minutes IANA RC May Teleconference*
> *Date: *4 September 2017 at 15:20:58 GMT+2
> *To: *"rc at nro.net" <rc at nro.net>
>
>
> HI
>
> I realized my email with the minutes of May Teleconference got caught many
> weeks ago in the mailing list filter as it was sent from an account not
> subscribed in the list. This is fixed now. Apologies for this mistake
>
> German
> ==
>
>
> IANA Review Committee Teleconference
> 11 May 2017, 12:00 PM UTC
>
> Participants
>
> IANA Review Committee Members
>
> AFRINIC
> Omo Oaiya OO
> Douglas Onyango DO
>
> APNIC
> Brajesh Jain BJ
> Tomohiro Fujisaki TF
> George Kuo GK
>
> ARIN
> Louie Lee  LL
> Jason Schiller -JS - Co Chair
> Nate Davis ND
>
> LACNIC
> Nicolas Antoniello NA
> Ernesto Majo EM
>
> RIPE
> Filiz Yilmaz  FY
> Nurani Nimpuno  NN - Chair
> Andrew de la Haye  AH
>
> Apologies
> Madhvi Gokool
>
> Observers
> Izumi Okutani IO
> Jorge Villa JV
>
> Secretariat
> German Valdez - GV
>
> IANA RC
>
> 0 Welcome
> 1 Roll Call
> 2 Minutes Review 15 March 2017
> 3 Review Open Actions
> 4 IANA Review Committee Operating Procedures
> 5 IANA Performance Report Structure & Schedule
> 6 Next Meeting
> 7 AOB
> 8 Adjourn
>
> 0 Welcome
>
> NN welcomed the participants and started the meeting at 12:03 PM
>
> 1 Roll Call
>
> Record of participation is at the top of this minutes.
>
> GV noted that Madhvi Gokool sent her apologies in advance of the call.
>
> 2 Minutes Review 15 March 2017
>
> NN asked for any comments for the March minutes.
>
> No comments received.
>
> NN asked if there were any objections for the publication of the minutes.
>
> No objections received.
>
> NN called the minutes approved.
>
> 3 Review Open Actions
>
> Action Item 20170315-01 JS and NN to discuss the production date of the
> report with the NRO EC for their decision and then share this with the RC
>
> COMPLETED
>
> JS reported that they agreed with the NRO EC in a yearly report format
> from January through December. JS said that the NRO EC would like to see
> the report by mid year. JS added that the first report would include the
> period started with the signing of the IANA contract.
>
> At this point BJ asked if there were observers on the cal.
>
> NN said that the IANA RC teleconferences are open for observers.
>
> GV reported that Izumi Okutani, Jorge Villa and Ernest Majo were observers
> for this teleconference
>
> Action Item 20170315-02 JS and NN to amend the length of the Chair and
> Co-Chair’s term noting that if there is a change before the end of the
> term, the new Chair or Co-Chair will serve for the balance of that term -
> 2.1.5 and 2.1.6
>
> COMPLETED
>
> Action Item 20170315-03 Committee to review the proceedings and provide
> comments in two weeks.
>
> CLOSED
>
> Action Item 20170315-04 ND and RC RIR staff members to track status of the
> production of the performance standard metrics and provide regular updates.
>
> IN PROGRESS
>
> ND reported that the IANA PTI and NRO EC agreed in a report format
> considering the operational requirements included in the section 4.3 of the
> contract. ND added that there are other reporting requirements that still
> needs to be developed like the cases of splitting /8 for transfer reasons.
>
> BJ asked ND if they have a performance standard metrics draft plan to be
> shared with the IANA RC
>
> ND said that the RIR staff were working on the plan and it’d be available
> for the IANA RC once there is an agreement from each RIR perspective.
>
> Action Item 20170315-05 FY to look how community engagement can be
> included in the operating procedures with a light touch (that it will come
> naturally as being members of the RC)
>
> COMPLETED
>
> FY reported that this was included in the last version of the IANA RC
> operating procedures.
>
> 4 IANA Review Committee Operating Procedures
>
> NN asked if there were any comments or concerns in the last changes in the
> text of the operating procedures.
>
> BJ suggested that at section 7 “Amending Operating Procedures”, any
> intention of amend should be included as part of the agenda meeting in
> advance.
>
> NN said that at this point she want to reach consensus on the operating
> procedures. NN confirmed to BJ that she was taking on board his suggestion.
>
> NN asked if last proposed changes in the text of the section 5.2
> “Community Feedback” were acceptable.
>
> FY said she was ok with the text.
>
> NN suggested to adopt the procedures as there were no comments or
> objection.
>
> BJ asked about his suggestion to be included as part of the operating
> procedures.
>
> JS suggested the next text to be added to section 7…”When amended in a
> meeting, there must be 24 hours prior notice of the intent to amend the
> operating procedures.”
>
> NN reminded that most of the committee work should be done in the mailing
> list. NN advised to be careful to have procedures that would add more
> meetings to the committee.
>
> FY asked JS if amendment to the procedures can be made in the list.
>
> JS considered that amendments could be made in the IANA RC list.
>
> NN moved to adopt the procedures including the new text to section 7 based
> on BJ request.
>
> NN asked that any further comments can be sent to the list.
>
> 5 IANA Performance Report Structure & Schedule
>
> NN asked ND when the IANA RC could expect a draft structure of the RIR
> report.
>
> after consulting EM, AH and GK; ND suggested 60 days for the RIR to
> present a draft report to the IANA RC
>
> NN suggested once the draft report is presented the IANA RC takes 2 weeks
> to review it and then meet to confirm the template to be used for the
> community consultation.
>
> 6 Next Meeting
>
> Based on the delivery of the RIR report, NN suggested that next meeting
> should be to discuss the RIR report and their own IANA RC format report. NN
> suggested that next meeting could be in August.
>
> 7 AOB
>
> No other business was discussed
>
> 8 Adjourn
>
> NN adjourned the meeting at 13:05 PM UTC
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Rc mailing list
> Rc at nro.net
> https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/rc
>
> _______________________________________________
> Rc mailing list
> Rc at nro.net
> https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/rc
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://www.nro.net/pipermail/rc/attachments/20171117/b69f1c93/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Rc mailing list