[IANA-RC] ACTION ITEM 20170315-01 complete

Jason Schiller jschiller at google.com
Wed May 10 20:40:53 CEST 2017

NEW ACTION ITEM 20170315-01: JS and NN to discuss the production date of
the report with the NRO EC for their decision and then share this with the
RC.

Discussed timing with the NRO EC chair.
The NRO EC did discuss this matter and came to the conclusion that
it would be best if the IANA RC provide its initial report on 15 months
of IANA service; i.e. for period time 1 October 2016 to 31 December 2017,
and provide it to the NRO EC in the first half of 2018.
(Reporting thereafter would be annual and thus appears to align nicely with
 your proposed annual reporting proposal below).

I reconfirmed that this meant that:

I understand, regular reports should be annual (Jan - Dec) and the report
completed (with 30 days community consultation) by mid year.

I understand the IANA RC's proposal to include an end of January date for
the RIRs to produce an IANA Numbering Services Review Matrix in January
in our operating procedures is acceptable and in alignment with the date
specified
with the NRO EC.  Anticipating no more than 30 days to review the Review
matrix
and construct a report, and an additional 30 days for community
consultation,
 we should expect the final report to be delivered quite a bit before
mid-year.

I also confirmed that the previous communication to be a request for an
expedited
review specifically for the time period of 1 October 2016 - December 2017.

Noting: Expedited review was the term the RC chose to describe any review
that is not the
regularly scheduled annual review.

__jason