[IANA-RC] Fwd: Draft IANA Review Committee procedures

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 17:21:54 CEST 2017

Dear Filiz,
On 28 March 2017 at 14:11, Filiz Yilmaz <koalafil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Either way, as it stands now, I do not agree with your suggested change on
> this. And if the agreement I thought we reached during the meeting at
> Copenhagen will be changed on this, then it should be changed by support
> from others too. I have not heard enough support from others.

My contribution, like all others contributions, should be treated as a
suggestions. If it lucks support, I will not push it any further.
The RC is supposed to work via consensus.

>> When I was suggesting edits, this is exactly what I had in mind. 80%
>> vote is practical once the voting is detached from meetings.
>> Mechanisms like electronic voting provide just what we need to
>> engender this level of participation.

> I am not sure I understand what you mean here.
>
> Are you suggesting we vote electronically for everything and take no
> decisions during meetings?
> If so, I object again:

No, I am not suggesting this. My suggestion was limited to major
decisions -- in this case changing RC Procedure. The rest of the
decisions will continue to be reached via consensus, as specified in
the Charter.

Regards,
--
Douglas Onyango, PRINCE 2, ITILv3