[IANA-RC] Draft Agenda for 1st IANA RC Teleconference

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 08:48:03 CET 2017

Hi Jason, et al

On 10 February 2017 at 17:45, Jason Schiller <jschiller at google.com> wrote:
> I think we need to figure out what we hope to accomplish in "3. Leadership
> of the team"
> If we are simply choosing a chair for the call, then I think the agenda as
> is should be fine.
>
> If we think we can choose a non-temporary Chair (for the year) then we may
> need to also sort out more details about our organizational structure.

As the proposer of this item, I meant it to be a comprehensive item on
leadership: roles allowed within the charter, tenure,
selection/election process e.t.c.

I appreciate the fact that these items may be prerequisites to the
election of leadership for the team, and that as as a result, it might
prove difficult to select/elect a chair during the meeting.

I chose to leave this item a bit open, because I thought it would
allow the meeting the latitude to choose a meeting chair and
exhaustively debate the requirements for choosing a substantive, or
temporary chair. I thought this route would allows us to defer
election/selection of leadership in the event that the requirements
can't be satisfied during the meeting, without a problem.

Regards,