[IANA-RC] Doodle Poll IANA RC First Teleconference - DEADLINE Thursday February 2nd

Jason Schiller jschiller at google.com
Thu Feb 2 15:54:50 CET 2017

Looks like early Thurs 2/16 has the best attendance.
12 yes, and 3 no.
Voting members:
AFRINIC: 1v
APNIC: 1v
ARIN: 2v
LACNIC: 2v
RIPE: 1v

I think we need to discuss quorum and voting rules.

If we conclude that 10 members are eligible to make decisions at this
meeting, then we do not have enough people available to make any
decisions.  I think it would be hard (and improper) to claim people not
attending the call are not eligible.

We can try and advance the procedures on list, but I'm not sure how best to
do that.  So far there seems to be two outstanding discussion items in the
text that currently exists:

1. use of PTI Review Committee vs IANA Review Committee.
   Note: Oct 4 announcement calls it "IANA Numbering Services Review
Committee"
   Note: It also lists Fiona Asonga and Dr. Ajay Kumar as members.
   https://www.nro.net/iana-numbering-services-review-committee-composition/

   Note: Our charter calls it "IANA Numbering Services Review Committee"

https://www.nro.net/final-version-iana-numbering-services-review-committee-charter/

   Can we close the loop on this with an email vote?
     A. PTI Review Committee:

     B. IANA Numbering Services Review Committee:

     C. IANA Review Committee:

     D. I don't care what we call it:
         Jason Schiller - ARIN

     E. I abstain

2. There is an open question about if "all meetings will be conducted by
teleconference" as stated in the charter.
    There is no text under "meetings" at all at this point.
    Nicolas thinks a face to face meeting might be needed to sum up reports
prior to community presentation.
    Nicolas questions if we can change this, and if it requires a charter
change.
    Jason suggests we should make good procedures (with the charter in
mind) and if we need to change the
     charter to have good procedures then we look into that.
   Jason suggested possible middle ground:
      "all meetings will be available by teleconference for public
oversight, and participation by RC members,
       observers, and invited guests."
   Jason also asked if there is a possible need for private meetings like
when censuring a member.

  Thoughts on meeting procedures?

 3. Any objections on the text written so far?  If not, can we consider
that part done (for now) and work on filling our the rest of the document?
 (I can't tell is silence is acceptance) We will of course have a second
look once complete and we ratify the document.

4. EMPTY SECTIONS:

3. Composition
      3.1 selection
      3.2  term