[NRO-IANAXFER] Next steps?

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Tue Jan 27 03:12:27 CET 2015

Hello Seun and colleagues on the IANAXFER list,

Thank you once again Seun for your question about the next steps.
I think this is a useful question for others in the community as well.

As you are aware, our proposal to the ICG describes high level
principles about the Review Committee and the SLA including "IANA
Service Level Agreement Principles" in the proposal, so RIRs will
consider implementation based on this guidance.

Our role as the CRISP team is to provide guidance to the RIRs in
the implementation of the proposal, and the details and process of
implementation of the proposal is the responsibility of the RIRs. The
charter of the review committee and actual contract text are part of
implementation of the proposal which is the responsibility of the RIRs.

Having said this, the CRISP Team believes it is important for the
community to have clear visibility that RIRs acknowledges this proposal
which references actions by them.

Therefore, after Step2 of the ICG's latest timeline, when the proposals
by all three operational communities are consolidated by the ICG, the
CRISP Team plans to formally inform the executives of the RIRs about the
proposal submitted to the ICG which references actions by the RIRs.

 https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/icg-process-timeline-07jan15-en.pdf

We expect that there will be formal acknowledgement from the five RIRs
about this, so it is clear to the community that the RIRs will take the
appropriate steps to implement the proposal from the Number Resources
community. We trust each RIR will consult with their respective
communities as needed in preparing the SLA, and the Review Committee is
to be established in an open and bottom-up manner, as we have described
in the proposal.

I hope this clarifies the role of the CRISP team and RIRs in future steps.

Regards,
Izumi Okutani
The CRISP Team