[NRO-IANAXFER] What would be helpful when sharing your input

L Sean Kennedy liam at fedney.org
Mon Jan 12 23:38:23 CET 2015

Izumi and others,

I generally support the 2nd draft and agree with the elements listed in
section III.A.  Like Andrew I wish there was more time to comment, but
given the short timeframe I do express my admiration to CRISP team and
those who contributed substantive comments.

In III.A.2. "IPR related to the provision of the IAN services" IANA
trademark, IANA.ORG are proposed to be transferred to the IETF Trust to
"stay with the community," but in III.A.3. ix the rights to any
intellectual property should be transferred to the "public domain" or
RIRs."  Although the latter IP may not be related to the provision, I think
cosmetically there could be better consistency between the two sections.

I welcome the section (III.B) which the RIRs have asked the NRO NC to
undertake a review of their documented accountability and governance
mechanisms.  I assume such a review would be made public and if so, I think
it would benefit the document to say so.

 Sean