[NRO-IANAXFER] support for final draft

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 14:27:45 CET 2015

Hello Jim,
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 1:29 AM, Jim Reid <jim at rfc1035.com> wrote:

> I am sceptical about the practicality of a single contract between the
> IANA operator and 5 RIRs in a post NTIA world. Though I suppose any
> documented agreement for this new arrangement would effectively be a
> contract in one form or another.

Are you saying more than one contract (like 5 contract based on the number
of RIRs) would be helpful? as i don't think the number of contracts
matters, we have had RIRs sign a single MOU in the past and it doesn't
reduce the strength of the agreement but rather improves it, in the sense
that there has to be agreement among all the RIRs to modify the content of
the contract. Having seperate contract could give room for different terms
which could affect the already converged relationship existing between the
RIRs globally

> The composition of proposed review committee probably needs to be wider
> than just those drawn from the RIR communities. IANA and possibly the
> IETF's interests should be represented in this committee too.

Hmm...i don't think i agree with this, perhaps you care to explain why IETF
for instance should be represented in reviewing SLA for RIR related
function? bearing in mind that the IETF is one of the 3 communities in this
process

However this is implementation detail that is not needed at this stage.

I think this particular details may be required at this stage

Thanks

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*