[NRO-IANAXFER] [cooperation-wg] Fwd: Internet Number Community IANA Stewardship Proposal: Final Call for Comments

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Mon Jan 12 12:20:17 CET 2015

Nurani,

Thanks to all who contributed to this document.  I have been following the
updates over the last month and have read through the proposal; it looks
like a sound basis in terms of ensuring long term stability of global
Internet number resources.  Particular thanks to the RIR community members
who were involved in drafting the proposal.  It has also been very helpful
to get regular updates to the RIPE Co-operation Working Group, as it
reaffirms CRISP's community-centred approach to the the IANA transfer program.

A couple of questions:

1. has the IETF Trust agreed in principal to accept IPR transfer of the
IANA trademark and iana.org domain?

2. Re: III.A.4.ix, the IETF Trust is not "public domain" so it may be
appropriate to use a different phrase in this paragraph, e.g. "to the
community via an appropriate holding mechanism as described in section
III.A.2", or something along those lines.

3. which jurisdiction / governing law will be used for the proposed new
IANA contract between the RIRs and ICANN?  The State of California / US
Federal law? or will this be left for a future discussion?

4. III.A.4.x: resolution of disputes should first use arbitration (although
it may be difficult to get an appropriate arbiter), and then through the
legal system.

Overall, this looks like an excellent document and I fully support it.

Kind regards,
Nick Hilliard
Chief Technical Officer

http://www.inex.ie/
INEX - Internet Neutral Exchange Association
Citywest Business Campus,
Dublin 24
Ireland