[NRO-IANAXFER] [cooperation-wg] Fwd: Internet Number Community IANA Stewardship Proposal: Final Call for Comments

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Sat Jan 10 17:20:26 CET 2015

At Thu, 8 Jan 2015 17:27:53 +0100,
Nurani Nimpuno wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Today the Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) team
> publishes the second draft of the Internet numbers community
> proposal on the transition of the IANA stewardship.

  I have reviewed the "redline" PDF version of this draft, and attach
  a signature covering this file, made with my PGP key (ID AE995ED9),
  so as to remove any doubt as to which version of the document I have
  reviewed.

  This draft of the proposal seems to me to say what is needed as
  input from the number-resources community to the process of
  transition of the contract for the IANA function,

  proposing
  - to keep operational processes undisturbed,
  - to transfer the contracting-party role from NTIA to the RIRs
    co-ordinated through the NRO,
  - to keep number-resource data in the public domain, and
  - to vest other IANA-related intellectual property in a safe place;

  and explaining very clearly
  - how the RIR processes have been developed,
  - how these processes work, and
  - how these processes have been used to prepare the current proposal.

  Congratulations and thanks to the CRISP Team for such a thorough
  job, done at a time of the year when so many of us were enjoying a
  break.

  Good job!

  I shall communicate a number of editorial suggestions ("nits")
  directly to the CRISP team.

  Best regards,
  Niall O'Reilly