[NRO-IANAXFER] Should text of the contract be included? Proposal: Final Call for Comments

Richard Hill rhill at hill-a.ch
Mon Jan 12 10:53:15 CET 2015

Please see below.

As others have pointed out, whether a document is called MoU or contract does not necessarily determine its legal effects.  What is more important is the actual content of the document.

It seems to me that the content of the document we are discussing qualifies it as a contract.

>the current draft, to my eye, uses 'agreement' and 'contract' somewhat
>interchangeably.

In some jurisdictions, an agreement is a contract.

SNIP

>also recall

>'Nothing in this MOU shall be construed to create between or among any of the
> parties a partnership, joint venture, or impose any trust or partnership or
> similar duty on any party, including as an agent, principal or franchisee
> of any other party.'
>
>This will/will not change under contract?   I haven't the foggiest idea.

I presume that the new contract will contain exactly the same clause, so that nothing will change in that respect.

SNIP