Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 18:17:54 CET 2015

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Alan Barrett <apb at cequrux.com> wrote:

Seun,

> Thank you very much for your comments.  It's good to know that people are
> reading the draft carefully.
>
> What follows are my personal opinions, not the official position of the
> CRISP Team.
>
> On Fri, 09 Jan 2015, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>

> I would expect that the various regional communities would tell the RIRs
> whether or not they want to keep the contract with ICANN or to move the
> contract elsewhere, and the RIRs would tell the NRO EC.  Perhaps it would
> make sense to say that in the document?  Or perhaps it would make sense to
> say "the RIRs" instead of "the NRO EC" may in the future make a decision.
> I'd like to hear opinions from others on this point.

Fine with the suggested edits but "the RIRs" as preference

>  - Ref: Page 10 Last paragraph of III.A.2: While the preference is
>> indicated, it is not not indicated what will be acceptable incase the other
>> communities don't agree with the preference. I will suggest similar
>> statements used to cover the reverse DNS delegation also be indicated
>> (although reworded in a manner that allows for continued access of the
>> domain and name and not necessarily a transfer)
>>

> This is the part that says "The transfer of the IANA trademark and
> iana.org domain to the IETF Trust will require additional coordination
> with the other affected communities of the IANA functions, namely protocol
> parameters and names."
>
> I think it's up the the ICG to combine the proposals from all communities
> into a combined transition plan.  The ICG charter requires their combined
> proposal to "have broad community support" (see <https://www.icann.org/
> resources/pages/process-next-steps-2014-06-06-en>), so I expect the ICG
> to seek confirmation if they are unable to incorporate all our points.

Correct! my question is when/if the ICG gets back due on the fact that
there is no agreement from other communities is it at that time that CRISP
will re-engage the community determine what is an acceptable compromise? if
that is the case then fine otherwise.....

> I don't understand your point about reverse DNS.

....i was suggesting we indicate access rights clause (like it was written
for the DNS delegation) to allows to access the iana.org and IANA in case
there arise a need to transfer to another operator (but i should note its a
minor concern)

>  - Ref: page 14 ...*NRO EC* shall establish a Review Committee...: May i
>> know why the CRISP still maintained the section in bold? after receiving
>> comments indicating that review committee be selected with community
>> involvement (for instance in a manner used in selecting the NRO NC)
>> Otherwise i disagree with that section and suggest replacing NRO EC with
>> "...RIR community"
>>

> I don't know what section is in bold.  Please could you give section
> numbers, not page numbers, when referring to parts of the document.  I
> assume you are talking about section III.A.4 "Establishment of a Review
> Committee".

Ditto

> There was opposition to the idea that the CRISP proposal should say that
> the Review Committee should be selected similarly to the way the NRO NC is
> selected, so the proposal doesn't go into that level of detail.  Instead,
> it just says that the members will be suitably qualified and will be from
> all RIR regions.

Just to be clear, was that opposition from within CRISP or from this list?
because i think there were comments in support from the floor

> Perhaps it would make sense to add something about each RIR developing
> their own mechanism for selecting Review Committee members.

I think the review committee membership requirement should be uniform and
the selection process be uniform too.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*