Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 13:19:32 CET 2015

Well in doing risk management, cost and context should also be put into
consideration; so for me in this context, ensuring no failure of the policy
source is more important than implementation. However the possibility of
relocating implementation source is important.

Unless you are envisaging a gross unrecoverable technical failure resulting
to loss of database Or another extreme situation like a coup on the
management of the operator. Perhaps it's worth evaluating the possible
impact this could cause as a number information are existing in other
databases other than ICANN's

Cheers!
whois from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.

Proposal: Final Call for Comments

>sent from Google nexus 4
>kindly excuse brevity and typos.
>>On 10 Jan 2015 10:41, "Richard Hill" <rhill at hill-a.ch> wrote:

SNIP

> Nevertheless I agree that ICANN's role on number can be comfortably
replaced without >any major issue on stability, I think looking at IANA
function as a whole is where
>risk of stability can be envisaged; It's still much better and neater (?)
to run
> the 3 main functions together.

>From a risk management point of view, the opposite is more likely the
case.  If all the IANA functions are operated by a single entity and that
entity fails (for whatever reason), then all of the IANA functions fail at
the same time.  Whereas, if each function were operated by a separate
entity, then failure of one entity would not necessarily affect the other
entities.

SNIP