[NRO-IANAXFER] Internet Number Community IANA StewardshipProposal: Final Call for Comments

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jan 9 20:49:52 CET 2015

On Jan 9, 2015, at 10:46 AM, Richard Hill <rhill at hill-a.ch> wrote:

> As you can see above, I have stated that "we will use arbitration" is not
> sufficiently precise.  That is a rationale. Are you saying that it is an
> insufficient rationale, or are you saying that it is an incorrect rationale?

Insufficient - you've failed to explain why it is necessary for the community
to take a position on this issue, rather than allowing it to be determined by
the RIR legal teams during agreement development and negotiation.

Interestingly enough, you have indicated that the RIR lawyers should develop
the contract, but apparently are not content that they will make use of the
community guidance (that dispute resolution be handle by arbitration), but
feel that you must have the opportunity to review their legal work.  I am
uncertain if any of the RIRs are seeking additional legal staff, but that
would appear to be your best recourse for this kind of work; from what I
can tell it lies far outside the scope of the CRISP team effort.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO