[NRO-IANAXFER] IPR considerations in the RIRs submission to the ICG

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 23:27:07 CET 2015

Hello Andrei,

I just like to make a minor comment; why can't similar text used to protect
content also be used to protect the trademark and domain name? I think what
is important in this process is to ensure that the trademark can be
accessed/transferred upon need. So I would suggest something similar to
below:

"It is the expectation of the RIR communities that the IANA trademark and
the IANA.ORG <http://iana.org/> domain name will continue to be accessible
and also transferable from the current operator whenever required to
ensure these asset continue to be used purposefully in non discriminative
manner for the benefit of all operational communities."

However if this community achieve consensus towards transferring to Trust
then it will be interesting to see names community recognise "IETF trust"
as an independent entity. I also did not observe the IETF proposal
indicating such transfer as an action item in this process (especially as
IETF can be said to have more liability on this matter)

Thanks for the update.

Regards
sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.