[NRO-IANAXFER] Contract details

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 18:02:21 CET 2015

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 2 Jan 2015 14:42, "Alan Barrett" <apb at cequrux.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2014, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>>
>> It's few hours to 2015 here in Nigeria and I just like to quickly
mention this in 2014; the transition is what we are doing, so we have to be
specific on what we require as a feature, what the legal team should do is
merely wording of the contract to meet our feature requirement. It is NOT
the role of legal team determine duration of contract, neither are they to
determine termination conditions. That is the role of the community and
it's our call in this process.

> So, could you say what you think the contract should say about those
things?

> In my personal opinion, it doesn't matter whether it's a fixed term with
periodic renewal, or an indefinite term, provided there's provision for
immediate termination upon breach of contract or failure to meet SLAs.

I think there may be a difference in the 2 scenario as periodic renewal
will mean initiating a process at the end of each fixed term(which could
require some level of resources). As you have rightly mentioned above,
providing termination conditions on the basis of SLA is what is most
important, so an indefinite term similar to the MOU that established ASO
would not reduce the strength of the agreement but could save us some
resources.

Thanks