[NRO-IANAXFER] Contract details

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Fri Jan 2 14:42:22 CET 2015

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> It's few hours to 2015 here in Nigeria and I just like to
> quickly mention this in 2014; the transition is what we are
> doing, so we have to be specific on what we require as a
> feature, what the legal team should do is merely wording of the
> contract to meet our feature requirement. It is NOT the role
> of legal team determine duration of contract, neither are they
> to determine termination conditions. That is the role of the
> community and it's our call in this process.

So, could you say what you think the contract should say about
those things?

In my personal opinion, it doesn't matter whether it's a fixed
term with periodic renewal, or an indefinite term, provided there's
provision for immediate termination upon breach of contract or
failure to meet SLAs.

--apb (Alan Barrett)