[NRO-IANAXFER] NRO-NC role in Review Committee

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 21:35:34 CET 2014

Hello Alan,

May I request the CRISP team inform us about how the review is presently
carried out, to help understand what we are trying to transition; What
tasks exactly does NTIA carry out presently in the review process as it
relates to numbers?
Secondly, while I have no major concern about creating a review team,(if
there is more consensus in favour of that route) I think using the
rationale of separating policy from operations (in this context) is not
enough. The NRO NC at the moment does not only do policy issues it already
does operational activities like appointing ICANN board members, developing
procedures for conducting business in support of their responsibilities et
all

As I have said in my previous mail, separation in this context is by
process and not by team(individual). If the process says the NRO-NC would
also handle review of IANA operations, it does not in anyway mean there is
no separation. (Unless we think the NRO NC team have no knowledge of IANA
operations as it relates to numbers, which will be interesting to know).

Nevertheless, if the review team route still suffice, I will like to add a
few more suggestions

-  Size of team be determined in this process
- manner of selection be determined in this process and should be uniform
across RIR
- The charter of the team be determined before concluding the transition

Regards

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.