[NRO-IANAXFER] delegation of IN-ADDR.ARPA and IP6.ARPA DNS trees

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Dec 31 15:29:14 CET 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 03:12:33PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> are involved.  Perhaps it would be more clear to say "delegation of
> subdomains below the IN-ADDR.ARPA and IP6.ARPA domains".

Yeah, that'd help.  The "tree" language is precisely what put me off,
because it sounds like the whole tree is being delegated.  But that of
course is false, since the root of that tree (i.e. the apex at
in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa) isn't being delegated, and in fact isn't
even IANA's to delegate.

Thanks,

A (as usual, speaking only for myself)

--