[NRO-IANAXFER] Contract details
apb at cequrux.com
Wed Dec 31 14:06:13 CET 2014
Some suggestions have been made about the duration of the proposed
contract between the RIRs and the IANA Operator, and about other
details related to the proposed contract.
In the view of the CRISP Team, the contract should be drawn up by
the RIRs' legal teams, and it is not appropriate for the CRISP
Team's response to the ICG RFP to go into much detail about the
content of the contract.
We suggest that, at an appropriate time in the future, the
relevant legal teams should include the following considerations
in the contract:
- whether the contract should be for a fixed or indefinite term;
- how renewal should be handled;
- conditions that may trigger termination;
- provisions for a smooth and orderly transition to a different
operator in the future, including transfer of relevant assets;
- the possibility that different parts of the IANA function may
be transitioned to different operators in the future.
--apb (Alan Barrett)
More information about the ianaxfer