[NRO-IANAXFER] IANA IPR considerations

Roger Jørgensen rogerj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 10:32:03 CET 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Hans Petter Holen <hph at oslo.net> wrote:
> I agree that this makes sense.
>
> For the RIRs it would be relatively easy to "rename" the global numbers
> registry held by IANA as the number of global policies refering to IANA is
> limited, while it will be impossible for the IETF to update all refernces in
> the RFCs.
>
> So keeping the domainname and other rights connected with IANA with the IETF
> (trust) is the best option I have seen.

Hello Hans Petter,

It is not impossible, it is just alot of work. I think that was the
conclusion over
at IETF IANAPLAN.
Fully doable if we ever get there, not that many people think we might.

But as said in the last email, it just make sense to separate the operator
role vs ownership of the IANA trademark/domain.

--

Roger Jorgensen           | ROJO9-RIPE
rogerj at gmail.com          | - IPv6 is The Key!
http://www.jorgensen.no   | roger at jorgensen.no