[NRO-IANAXFER] IANA IPR considerations

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 06:50:58 CET 2014

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 23 Dec 2014 10:58, "Nigel Titley" <nigel at titley.com> wrote:

> On 23/12/14 08:27, Richard Hill wrote:
>>
>> I support this approach and suggested way forward.
>>
>> (But I don't think that it can be said the ICANN should have no claim on
the
>> associated IPR - they own the IANA mark. Rather, I think it can be said
that
>> ICANN will allow appropriate use of the associated IPR.)
>>

> Ownership of IPR can be transferred. It would be cleaner to transfer the
ownership with the function.

Although I have made my point about this subject in another thread, but I
like to add a +1 to the point above as it's the summary of what I think.
IMO we should not be transferring ownership to the IETF trust in this
process but we should reflect in the agreement documentation that a change
of IANA operator will also mean a change of ownership of the items
associated with it.

Thanks

Regards