[NRO-IANAXFER] Internet Number Community IANA Stewardship Proposal: First Draft

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 14:45:16 CET 2014

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Richard Hill <rhill at hill-a.ch> wrote:

> [...]

Correct hence the reason why i said section B "*already captures* *what
needs to be said*" in relation to current situation.

> I agree that the text in question could be moved up, to be in section B,
> but then it would be open to the a similar objection, because it is not an
> actual description of existing arrangements.

Well at least we both agree on something; that its not ideal for section
III, which will also mean that it does not fit anywhere unless you don't
think section B text is adequate in its current form?

> >There is no need to be trying to say "what is" in a section asking for
> "what next",
>
> I don't read the text in question as saying "what is".  I read it as
> saying "what will be".  So it seems to be that it is appropriately included
> in the section on the transition.

I think the text is saying "what if" from a "what is" perspective and non
of the questions asked about that.

> > also not necessary to formerly document the conclusions the statement
> above
> > is trying to make.
>
> That's a different issue.  As I said at the beginning of this discussion,
> I think that the text in question provides valuable contextual information,
> which explains why the proposed new arrangements make sense.

Actually it doesn't, the statement if you read it again seem to be saying
the NTIA contract has no value and so there is no need for the proposed
"what next" and at the same time the last sentence of the same paragraph
tries to re-attach value to the NTIA contract to justify "what next"....Its
simply a contradiction. I think the complication can be avoided since it
won't change the meaning of the entire proposal anyway.

Thanks

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*