[NRO-IANAXFER] Internet Number Community IANA Stewardship Proposal:First Draft

Richard Hill rhill at hill-a.ch
Sat Dec 20 13:07:12 CET 2014

Please see below.

Thanks and best,
Richard

In my opinion, yhere are two types of intellectual property rights that
might be an issue.  The first is sui generis data base rights that ICANN
might have regarding the top-level allocations that it publishes.  The
second is the use of the IANA trademark and the IANA.ORG domain name.

It seems to me that the new contract should cover those issues.

>To my understanding, IP rights may be between IETF and the
> IANA function operator.

Yes, there may also be intellectual property rights of interest to the IETF,
but that does not mean that there are not rights that may be of interest to
the RIRs.