[NRO-IANAXFER] Internet Number Community IANA Stewardship Proposal: First Draft

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 10:48:50 CET 2014


Hello Richard,

Kindly find inset:

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Richard Hill <rhill at hill-a.ch> wrote:
>
> Please see embedded comments below.
> >
> >- The entire first paragraph of section III should be deleted as it does
> not
> > add any more value to the response for that section
>
> I disagree.  That paragraph provides important context for the subsequent
> paragraphs, so it should be retained.
>

Just to be specific, below is the paragraph text i proposed to be remove:

A decision by the NTIA to discontinue its stewardship of the IANA
> functions, and therefore its contractual relationship with the IANA
> functions operator, would not have any significant impact on the continuity
> of Internet number-related IANA services currently provided by ICANN or the
> ongoing community processes for development of policies relating to those
> services. However,it would remove a significant element of oversight from
> the current system
>

So can you tell me how/why the section above is a response to a question
asking about "
*Proposed Post-Transition Oversight and Accountability Arrangements"?*
Section B which asked about existing Oversight and Accountability already
adequately captures what needs to be said. There is no need to be trying to
say "*what is*" in a section asking for "*what next*", also not necessary
to formerly document the conclusions the statement above is trying to make.


> >- I suggest replacing the word contract in section III with agreement and
> this
> > will also largely require re-wording of 3rd paragraph of section IV
>
> What is being proposed is a contract, so it should be referred to by that
> word, and not by some other word such as MoU, or SLA, or "agreement" or
> whatever.  As made clear earlier in the document, the proposed new contract
> replaces the current IANA Functions contract, so it is indeed a contract.
>

Actually we can agree on this one [1], not because it is what NTIA called
it but because i have realised that calling it contract or agreement does
not actually make any difference and what is important is the content of
the contract. So all my comments relating to the content of the contract
remains valid.

Thanks

Regards
1. Taking wikipedia definition of contract as a reference
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract

>
> SNIP
>
>

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------





*Seun Ojedeji,Federal University Oye-Ekitiweb:      http://www.fuoye.edu.ng
<http://www.fuoye.edu.ng> Mobile: +2348035233535**alt email:
<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

The key to understanding is humility - my view !
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://www.nro.net/pipermail/ianaxfer/attachments/20141219/1da06e34/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the ianaxfer mailing list