[NRO-IANAXFER] Numbers oversight transitioning comments

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 16:31:31 CET 2014

Dear all,

I am reading the key points of proposal posted on the NRO website[1] and
also listening at the on-going CRISP meeting and would like to make a few
comments:

- I don't think NTIA's intention to withdraw its stewardship means that
NTIA expects a replacement by a new body

- There seem to be no major daily actions/activities currently performed by
NTIA as it relates numbers functions so there is really no need to start
considering what to transition or not.

-The NTIA directs the operator on how to operate numbers function (which it
did by referencing the RIR as the policy source in its agreement document).
So i think we should be asking how to ensure that the RIR remains to be the
policy source for numbers and that can only happen through signing of an
agreement

- Going forward, the CRISP team should consider how to ensure that the
functions operator's activities reporting as it relates to numbers is more
improved including its resource utilisation (as it affects HR and annual
RIR funds contribution to the operator)

Looking forward to the draft proposal

Regards
1. https://www.nro.net/wp-content/uploads/proposal-key-points.pdf