[NRO-IANAXFER] [Iana-transition] 1st CRISP Meeting Notes

Hans Petter Holen hph at oslo.net
Thu Dec 11 19:54:03 CET 2014

On 11.12.14 19.05, Mwendwa Kivuva wrote:
> On 11 December 2014 at 20:17, Alan Barrett<apb at cequrux.com>  wrote:
>> >I believe that, if consensus cannot be reached, it's "B. A vote of 8/10 to
>> >move forward".
> What if a vote of 8 cannot be reached? Vote a second time and choose
> simple majority? But what is the possibility of the second vote
> changing the first vote?
According to the mandate the team was given from the community before
they got elected:
https://www.nro.net/nro-and-internet-governance/iana-oversight/consolidated-rir-iana-stewardship-proposal-team-crisp-team

which reads:

Recognizing the need to produce a single RIR proposal to the ICG in a
timely manner, the CRISP Team may proceed with any outcome given a
supermajority  approval of 8 out of 10 members, if rough consensus
cannot be readily achieved.

My expectation is that if this happens the team would have to look at
why 3 members voted against and modify those parts of the proposal into
something they can reach consensus on.

As I trust all 5 RIR communities have selected their very best people to
serve on this team, I trust they will be able to solve this in a timely
manner.

Now, lets get to the matter at hand, the actual proposal:-)

--
Hans Petter Holen
Mobile +47 45 06 60 54 | hph at oslo.net | http://hph.oslo.net