[Iana-ipr] IANA IPR Agreements

Jorge Contreras contreraslegal at att.net
Tue Sep 20 06:22:02 CEST 2016

All,

As promised, I have attached revised versions of the Assignment Agreement,
Community Agreement and the three License Agreements, redlined to show
changes made since the last drafts.

Mostly I have inserted names and addresses and the definition of IANA Names
Services provided on today¹s call.

With respect to effectiveness,  we consulted the IETF-ICANN SLA, which
contains the following language:

"This agreement is effective as of 1 October 2016 unless the IANA agreement
between NTIA and ICANN has not ended or terminated, and then it will become
effective at that time, so long as such event occurs within three months of
that date.²

This provides for a deferred effectiveness, with a 3-month sunset period.

To adapt this for the IANA IPR Agreements, I have proposed the following:

1.  Preamble:  delete the definition ³Effective Date²

2.  Definitions Section:  Change Definition of Effective Date to reference
Section x (new paragraph in the Miscellaneous section) rather than the
Preamble.

3.  Add new Section x ³Effectiveness.  This Agreement will become effective
on the date (³Effective Date²) that the IANA functions contract between NTIA
and ICANN ends or is terminated, provided that date occurs before January 1,
2017.  If such ending or termination has not occurred by January 1, 2017,
this Agreement shall automatically terminate without further action of the
Parties.  Except as provided in the preceding sentence, no Party shall have
the right to revoke or terminate this Agreement prior to the Effective Date.

Please let me know if you have any questions or corrections in any of these
agreements.  Once the wording is agreed, I can generate clean, executable
documents.

Best regards,
Jorge

Jorge L. Contreras
Contreras Legal Strategy LLC
1711 Massachusetts Ave. NW, No. 710
Washington, DC 20036
contreraslegal at att.net

The contents of this message may be attorney-client privileged and
confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this
message immediately.