[Iana-ipr] Next steps

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Thu Sep 15 17:49:22 CEST 2016


Since public comments have closed, I think we have the following tasks outstanding to finalize the IPR agreements.

In the license agreement we are still awaiting a definition of “Names Community” (1.24). Can one of the names folks indicate when that is forthcoming?

All of the agreements need final editorial clean-up: addresses and names of signatories need to be filled in, the headers indicating “Draft XX August” need to be removed, all other bracketed text needs to have brackets removed, the license agreement needs to be split into three agreements, the community agreement needs to have the final license agreements included as appendices, etc. 
Jorge, could I ask you to take up the task of producing final versions of all of the documents with these issues cleared up and filled in? You’ll need to ask signatories to provide names/addresses to you for inclusion. If it would be possible to have this done in advance of our call on Monday, that would be ideal.

Once the documents are finalized, I can put together a posting for the ICG site that summarizes the outcome of the public comment process and the changes that were made by us.

For Monday’s call, we can plan to:
- Agree that we are done with the documents
- Agree on text for a posting to the ICG site
- Review schedule and mechanics for getting the agreements signed
- Confirm each community’s plans to have initial CCG members appointed by Sept 30 (if folks have updates on that to share via email ahead of time, that would be good)

Given the above, I think we can reduce from two hours to one for our Monday call. Does anyone object if we have our call be 20:00-21:00 UTC instead of 19:00-21:00 UTC on Monday?

Thanks,
Alissa







More information about the Iana-ipr mailing list