[Iana-ipr] Meeting in ICANN 55

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Sun Mar 6 12:43:29 CET 2016


On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 06:35:34AM -0500, Greg Shatan wrote:
> I am free at 16:30 Monday until Public Forum starts at 17:00ish.  If need
> be, I can leave the (non-critical) session prior to that so we can start at
> 16:00.
> 
> I can do 13:00 Wednesday for 30 minutes, then I have to go to GNSO Council.
>  (Though not on Council, as a Chair of a GNSO subgroup I need to be there)

In that case, I propose we plan two 30 minute shots, 16:30 Monday and
13:00 Wed.  We'll get some of everyone.  I think we should avoid any
status discussion and nail down these open issues:

1.  Precisely what we want to do about the domain name controls stuff.
I think we have at least 3 commercial entities who do this sort of
thing, so let's nail down for sure the requirements and put them in
the doc; then we can ask the implementers to put those requirements to
bid.

2.  Exactly how we're going to solve the Trust-duty-to-enforce and the
community-decides tension.  I think we need to work out language for
the proposal.

I _think_ those are the only things outstanding, and we can then (1)
take to the respective communities, "Here's what we think is final,"
and (2) send to lawyers for implementation.

Does that ssound like a plan?  If so, I'll try to find a place for us
to meet.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com



More information about the Iana-ipr mailing list