[Iana-ipr] Proposed Principal Terms of IANA Intellectual Property Agreements

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Mon Jun 27 10:29:25 CEST 2016


Hell all,


I would like to follow up about a meeting in Helsinki.

>> 3. It will be useful if we can meet face to face in Helsinki subject to (a)
>> members of this group being in Helsinki and (b) a mutually convenient time
>> slot. Who will schedule this? German?
>
> I agree that a meeting would be useful.

German,
Would you help in confirming everyone's availabilities, fix date and time and arrange a room?

  Paul :Leaves on Wednesday and is available on Tue 1300-1500.
  Alan: Flexible
  Nurani: TBC
  Izumi: Flexible *except* 1) Tue 0930-1030 (IANA & CCWG WS1 session) 2) Tue lunch (1200-1315), and 3) Wed lunch (1215-1345), Wed evening (2000-)

We may want to consider early morning (breakfast) meeting or early evening meeting as an option, depending on everyone's availabilities.

I note Andrew cannot join us in person. I think we can accommodate some form of remote participation if he would be available (but also understand if cannot join ).


Izumi

On 2016/06/22 17:52, Alan Barrett wrote:
>
>> On 21 Jun 2016, at 21:09, Jonathan Robinson <jrobinson at afilias.info> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Following the call today, I agree to share a set of actions arising from our
>> discussion.
>>
>> As I have noted them, they are as follows:
>>
>> 1. The key questions and issues arising from the Sidley review of the
>> Principal Terms need to be organised, reviewed and dealt with. CWG
>> Stewardship (Names) will tabulate these for ease of processing. Issues
>> needing resolution by CWG only will be dealt with by CWG.  Issues needing
>> resolution by all three operations communities will be referred back to this
>> (IANA IPR) group.
>
> OK.
>
>> 2. We will utilise ICANN project management staff to track the key issues
>> and integrate this (IANA IPR) stream of work into the overall project
>> tracking and reporting (Jonathan / Lise to arrange)
>
> I think that those of us in the iana-ipr group can manage the project, but it would be nice if ICANN tracked the progress.
>
>> 3. It will be useful if we can meet face to face in Helsinki subject to (a)
>> members of this group being in Helsinki and (b) a mutually convenient time
>> slot. Who will schedule this? German?
>
> I agree that a meeting would be useful.
>
>> 4. Draft agreements for three licences of the IPR are being prepared by IETF
>> Trust legal counsel (Andrew). These will be sent this group for review once
>> drafted
>>
>> Please review and provide comment regarding any errors or omissions.
>>
>> In addition, I understood that Sidley will be asked to provide a draft the
>> Community Agreement and I am not clear who will lead on the IPR assignment
>> from ICANN (ICANN Legal?)
>
> I agree on the IETF Trust taking the lead on drafting the licenses for ICANN to use the IPR.
>
> For the community agreeement, at least for the names community, it makes sense for Sidley to draft.  However, I don’t think we have made a decision on how many community agreements there will be (see my other email message, subject “Decisions to be made soon”).
>
> I expect that the agreement for assignment of IPR from ICANN to the IETF Trust will be quite straightforward, and I suggest that the IETF Trust could take the lead in drafting it.
>
> Alan Barrett
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Iana-ipr mailing list
> Iana-ipr at nro.net
> https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/iana-ipr
>




More information about the Iana-ipr mailing list