[Iana-ipr] Proposed Principal Terms of IANA Intellectual Property Agreements

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Tue Jun 21 19:09:57 CEST 2016

All,

Following the call today, I agree to share a set of actions arising from our
discussion.

As I have noted them, they are as follows:

1. The key questions and issues arising from the Sidley review of the
Principal Terms need to be organised, reviewed and dealt with. CWG
Stewardship (Names) will tabulate these for ease of processing. Issues
needing resolution by CWG only will be dealt with by CWG.  Issues needing
resolution by all three operations communities will be referred back to this
(IANA IPR) group.
2. We will utilise ICANN project management staff to track the key issues
and integrate this (IANA IPR) stream of work into the overall project
tracking and reporting (Jonathan / Lise to arrange)
3. It will be useful if we can meet face to face in Helsinki subject to (a)
members of this group being in Helsinki and (b) a mutually convenient time
slot. Who will schedule this? German?
4. Draft agreements for three licences of the IPR are being prepared by IETF
Trust legal counsel (Andrew). These will be sent this group for review once
drafted

Please review and provide comment regarding any errors or omissions.

In addition, I understood that Sidley will be asked to provide a draft the
Community Agreement and I am not clear who will lead on the IPR assignment
from ICANN (ICANN Legal?)

Thank-you,

Jonathan