[Iana-ipr] Proposed Principal Terms of IANA Intellectual Property Agreements

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Jun 14 05:27:53 CEST 2016

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 10:57:06PM -0400, Greg Shatan wrote:
> It's my understanding that IETF's counsel has not yet completed its review
> of the Proposed Principal Terms document.

Nope, I sent something to the list some while ago saying the Trust
said it was ok with it.

> When does IETF expect to receive
> counsel's review and circulate it to this group?

We don't expect to circulate it to this group.  That's a review
delivered to the Trust so the Trust could decide what to do.

> Also, has the IETF or
> IETF's counsel seen Sidley's mark-up yet (and if so, when can we expect to
> hear back about it)?

I have circulated it, yes.  I'll poke again.

> Without these steps, it doesn't seem that the IETF can be ready to
> negotiate the agreement(s)

Why?  We're ready to instruct our counsel to go negotiate based on
this set of principles.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com