[Iana-ipr] Proposed Principal Terms of IANA Intellectual Property Agreements

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 04:57:06 CEST 2016

It's my understanding that IETF's counsel has not yet completed its review
of the Proposed Principal Terms document.  When does IETF expect to receive
counsel's review and circulate it to this group?  Also, has the IETF or
IETF's counsel seen Sidley's mark-up yet (and if so, when can we expect to
hear back about it)?

Without these steps, it doesn't seem that the IETF can be ready to
negotiate the agreement(s), as a practical matter (though I can understand
being ready as a matter of desire to move forward -- by that measure, we're
all more than ready, even if we have a number of issues that need to be
resolved).

I suppose the same questions apply to NRO/RIRs.....

Greg