[Iana-ipr] Agenda for 29 Feb

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Sat Feb 27 05:47:32 CET 2016

Please suggest agenda items for the next call on 29 Feb 2016.

I see the following items in the notes from the previous meeting on 15 Feb:

* Announcement to operational communities that they may view the draft in Google Docs at <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oR3nmHl1fK7BEWOBK65KyvnmhTJZX70j9q4Ne9i4ad4/edit?usp=sharing>.

* Tentative acceptance of non-controversial edits

* Edit the document to explicitly give ICANN the right to sublicense rights to PTI.

* Edit the document to say that the IETF Trust will be registrant and admin contact, and ICANN will be tech contact.  (Do we need to re-open that discussion, making ICANN only the tech contact and the Trust both registrar and admin contact?)

* Edit the document to outline the requirements for multiple approvals for any change.

* Edit the document to say that the IANA IPR Governance Council (“IIGC”) will have 3 representatives from each operational community.

* Edit the document to clarify that exclusive licences will be restricted to use of the IPR in connection with provision of the IANA functions.

* Edit the document to mention the cases of IANA registries not managed by ICANN, and non-IANA registries managed by the ICANN IANA department.

Alan Barrett