[Iana-ipr] Some suggestions from IANAPLAN today

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Apr 6 22:57:27 CEST 2016

Hi,

As you may know, the IETF is meeting this week, and we had an IANAPLAN
meeting to make sure that we've not done anything inconsistent with
the previously-established consensus.

The support was in general positive.  There are two items that I think
we could consider putting in.

First in the bit about the registration rules for iana.org and
friends, the first introduction of "to prohibit updates" or whatever
it is, we could add a footnote to make it clear that what we're
talking about are status values in the shared registration system --
clientUpdateProhibited, clientDeleteProhibited, and
clientTransferProhibited.  I think this is just a clarification, and
no big deal.

A more substantive suggestion came from John Levine, who suggested
that we specify that the CCG needs to publish at its first meeting,
and then update from time to time, the quorum rules and other
decision-making processes they use.  A suggestion in the room was that
the rules be open to the CCG, except that quorum requires not only a
majority but some guarantee that at least one appointee from each of
the communities must be present for quorum.  I think this is a good
principle, because it ensures openness and procedural consistency (no
making up rules when a decision is needed).  Does anyone object?  Does
it seem reasonable?

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com