Anja Kovacs anja at internetdemocracy.in
Thu Dec 5 15:29:45 CET 2013

Dear Klaus, Adiel and all,

While the civil society organisations and networks that have written to the
Brazilian government do not believe that representation on the committees
for that meeting needs to go through 1net, we would still like to engage
with 1net on the substance of the meeting. Surely one doesn't need to be
linked to the other? Or did I miss something and are only those that
believe 1net should also channel all stakeholder representation in the
Brazil meeting welcome on the steering committee, and in 1net in general?

I quite liked Adiel's description of 1net as "a tool that allows us to
rally around critical elements, principles and maybe proposals toward the
evolution of a Multistakeholder approach to Internet
governance/cooperation", and think that is a realistic agenda to start off
with. Why not first explore how much common ground we actually have and
what is feasible to do together? More formalised actions, including those
related to representation, are then likely to emerge out of such an
exploration quite naturally in the future.

Best,
Anja

Dr. Anja Kovacs
The Internet Democracy Project