[CRISP-TEAM] Future Status of the CRISP Team [Feedback: by 5/12]

Janvier Noulaye jnoulaye at gmail.com
Tue May 3 02:27:31 CEST 2016

Dear Izumi and All,
The transition mecanism worked well and is fell today into a non
predictible phase. No one knows exactly what will happen in september.  In
this context we can't plan anything. We will just keep staying in an alert
status to react in case of necessity with the option 1.
I can not join the meeting if it is on monday 9th. I will be in the flight,
coming back from one academic activity in Canada. Tuesday 10th will be fine
with me.

Warm regards,
Janvier Ngnoulaye

2016-05-02 10:37 GMT+01:00 Izumi Okutani <izumi at nic.ad.jp>:

> Dear CRISP Team,
> We would like to consult you about the status of the CRISP Team.
> The NRO EC chair reached out to the CRISP team chairs last week, to
> discuss the status of the CRISP Team. The NRO EC believes the current
> status of the CRISP team is unclear at the moment, and needs to be
> clarified.
> Their observation is that with the SLA finalised, there is most likely no
> foreseeable concrete work needed by the CRISP Team in the future.
> We agreed that there will be almost no activity for the CRISP team between
> now and the expected completion of the transition in Sep. However, as there
> are still implementation steps waiting to be completed, in the unlikely
> event of input needed from the community, there needs to be a clarity on
> how that is handled.
> We discussed two scenarios:
> 1. The CRISP Team reduces all activity to 0, and becomes dormant. In the
> event of community input on the IANA transition needed before September,
> the CRISP team will reactivate and respond within its charter. If there are
> no such events, until it will formally resolve upon the completion of the
> transition. We have discussed it in the CRISP Team and this is not a new
> idea.
> 2. The CRISP team closes down officially immediately without waiting for
> the transition to be completed. If an event arises that requires community
> input before the completion of the IANA transition, the NRO EC will create
> a new CRISP team (CRISP 2.0), which will respond on behalf of the
> community. This is an idea shared by the NRO EC Chair.
> The chairs discussed this among ourselves after our conversation with the
> NRO EC chair. We both feel that there is better clarity and continuity, if
> the CRISP team remains open, but dormant unless called upon, until the
> completion of the transition. While we don’t believe it is very likely that
> the CRISP team is called upon to act between now and September, we also see
> very little cost in keeping it open, but dormant. In our view, a potential
> new CRISP 2.0 introduces new ambiguity at the very final stages of this
> process.
> However as we have done with every step of this process, we would like to
> consult the whole team on this issue. We welcome any inputs online/at the
> call from you before Thu 12th May.
> Hence, we would like to suggest to move the next CRISP Team call to either:
>  -  Mon 9th May  UTC1300 or
>  -  Tue 10th May UTC1300
> (Instead of 25th May as our next regular call, which is during RIPE 67)
> *If you are unavailable on either of the dates (or both), please let us
> know.*
> We'll decide the date of the next CRISP call by 4th May, based on number
> of available members.
> Nurani & Izumi
> _______________________________________________
> CRISP mailing list
> CRISP at nro.net
> https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/crisp
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://www.nro.net/pipermail/crisp/attachments/20160503/61f6d0a2/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the CRISP mailing list